Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have just bought an avery with 2 cockateils and 3 budgies
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have just bought an avery with 2 cockateils and 3 budgies all of which are outside. In order to shift aviary the birds were taken out and put into small cages for a night. The cages were then put in… read more
I have a budgie hen that some time today began "vomiting"
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a budgie hen that some time today began "vomiting" She is one of four budgies--2 males, 2 females, that I keep in a very large cage. The males and females are happily paired, i.e. no squabbling… read more
We have budgies in an avery, and lately, they are dying. I
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
We have budgies in an avery, and lately, they are dying. I don't know what to do about it, what they might be lacking, what they might be getting too much of - they have budgie seed and fresh water in… read more
I have two budgies sharing a cage. One of these budgies seems
Pet Vet
Pet Vet, veterinary hospital owner
I have two budgies sharing a cage. One of these budgies seems to have a swollen cere.Is this a problem? She seems to be slightly listless and less competitive lately. Any thing i should be worried abo… read more
budgies: I first rescued them and I treated..growth on its beak..soft
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, I have 2 budgies who are sisters & been together for all of their 3 year life. One of them had scaly face when I first rescued them and I treated that successfully 3 yrs ago, now the same bird has… read more
budgies: one male and one female..pet shop..very large indoor cage.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have two ex-exhibition budgies, one male and one female who have lived together happily for nearly a year. I bought the female from a pet shop to replace the bird that died to keep the remaining one… read more
Ive have an aivery with budgies and cockatiels, some months
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I've have an aivery with budgies and cockatiels, some months ago I noticed one budgie with a discoluoration of the edge of the nose but it seemed otherwise healthy. I've been away and on returning the… read more
budgie in avery, How do I treat her feet and face that have
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
budgie in avery, How do I treat her feet and face that have like a hard scaly growth on them, I have rubbed in vaseline but i wondered if you could help, also could you explain why some of my cockerti… read more
I wonder if you can help me I have an indoor Avery with 10
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi.i wonder if you can help me I have an indoor Avery with 10 budgies and they are all doing well they range in age from 5 years to 13 .What I would like to ask is a budgie was found in the road near … read more
my budgie has for quite a long time had very loose droppings,some
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
my budgie has for quite a long time had very loose droppings,some are just wet milky droplets others are firmer.took him to vets and they wormed him,but made no difference.then i caught him eating his… read more
We have 2 budgies. Onme of which died this morning. My wife
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
We have 2 budgies. Onme of which died this morning. My wife is essentailly their carer. However the one that died i noticed that the "crest" not sure of the name the part on top of their beak had turn… read more
I have a young budgie that has been out of the nest for 8 days.
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a young budgie that has been out of the nest for 8 days. He is quite inactive and just sits on the bottom of the cage… read more
I have a 4year old budgie who as aways been healthy at the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 4year old budgie who as aways been healthy at the beginig of this week he seemed very quite and was not moving about much also seemed off his food and started to drink a lot of water Wed I ga… read more
We have a budgie. for some time there has been a scaly cover
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have a budgie. for some time there has been a scaly cover above the bird's beak. It looks like a scab or some similar thing and covers the coloured area over his nostrils. What is it and how can we… read more
My budgie has been having some problems lately. He is only
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie has been having some problems lately. He is only 10 weeks old, and he is not moulting yet. First, he lost most mobility of his right leg. It was hanging limply, and he was using his left leg… read more
PARAKEETS: ALL HEALTHY..cuttle BONE IN THEIR CAGE AT ALL TIMES..CURL
Dr. Dan
I HAVE FOUR PARAKEETS, ALL HEALTHY, LIVING TOGETHER. THEY HAVE A CUTTLE BONE IN THEIR CAGE AT ALL TIMES, BUT ONE OF MY BIRDS HAS A BEAD THAT IS VERY LONG AND STARTING TO CURL INTO HIS NECK, OR AT LEAS… read more
I rescued a budgie flying around the neighborhood. He doesnt
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I rescued a budgie flying around the neighborhood. He doesn't appear too healthy, favoring one leg and losing quite a few feathers, a little puffed up. Is there something I can do for him without taki… read more
hi we have a problem with french moult in our budgies after
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
hi we have a problem with french moult in our budgies after reading up on the internet some sites have said that rather than genetic as thought the problem is viral, in which case they advised culling… read more