Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I woke to find one of my cockatiels bleeding and with a damaged
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I woke to find one of my cockatiels bleeding and with a damaged foot. This is not the first time I have woke to find her bleeding and am wondering if the other cockateil in the cage has been attacking… read more
I have a pet canary. Today she is sitting in her food tray,
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a pet canary. Today she is sitting in her food tray, and hardly has moved She has puffed up feathers and has watery stools. Sometimes she chirps in a high tone, which makes me think she's in pa… read more
canaries: days old..feedings..nest with them except to take a bath
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I woke up to find all 4 of my baby canaries dead, they are only 7 days old and both mother and father were taking really good care of them with feedings and mother was staying in the nest with them ex… read more
My canary tore one of s nails overnight, found m sitting on
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My canary tore one of his nails overnight, found him sitting on the bottom of his cage, the bleeding has stopped, however, he's breathing heavily, can you please help me with this?… read more
I found my canary chirping constantly, rocking back and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I found my canary chirping constantly, rocking back and forth on the bottom of his cage this morning. Also seems to be gasping...any ideas what it could be? … read more
canary: has been sitting with feathers fluffed..cage..right leg..treat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
For the past couple of weeks, my canary has been sitting with feathers fluffed up, sometimes on his perch, sometimes on the floor of the cage. He also is hobbling as if something is wrong with his rig… read more
My female canary is puffed up and her is just liquid,
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My female canary is puffed up and her excrement is just liquid, with little to no poop. She appears to be sitting on the perch rather than standing and wants to sleep most of the time. She is still ea… read more
bird: top of his little wings are bald, he looks..healthy..attacked
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My daughters and I are currently bird sitting a pair of cockateils. One of them has been losing feathers, the top of his little wings are bald, he looks somewhat greasy and he doesn't look so healthy.… read more
canary: started losing her feather on one side of her neck
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Veterinarian
I'm a relatively new canary owner(1.5 yrs). One of my birds started losing her feather on one side of her neck. At first I thought she was molting. I consulted a month later with my regular vet who ag… read more
I have a sick canary. He just sits on the bottom of his cage
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a sick canary. He just sits on the bottom of his cage all puffed up. his one eye had crud around it and he isn't singing. What might be wrong with him and what can I do for him?… read more
I HAVE TWO PET AFRICAN GEESE. ONE OR BOTH HAVE LAYED OVER
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I HAVE TWO PET AFRICAN GEESE. ONE OR BOTH HAVE LAYED OVER 40 EGGS SINCE MARCH. ONE STARTED WITH FRAYING OF HER FEATHERS AND EXCESSIVE DRYNESS AND COARSENESS OF THE FEATHERS. NOW THE YOUNGER FEMALE IS … read more
my canary seems to have injured his foot or leg. He favors
Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Clinical Veterinarian
my canary seems to have injured his foot or leg. He favors the one let by pulling it up when he sits. His back toe seems to just hang and there is a swelling on his leg. Do you think it's broken? What… read more
my canary woke me up peeping quietly. Found him floundering
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
my canary woke me up peeping quietly. Found him floundering on the bottom of the cage. I picked him up and I don't see any physical damage. Both feet grabed at my fingers. I place him in a dish on bot… read more
I noticed a sore, or scrape on my canaries leg. He has been
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I noticed a sore, or scrape on my canaries' leg. He has been sitting at the bottom of his cage, and I thought it was a bit of strawberry that I had given to him. I sprayed him as I usually do when I a… read more
I found my canary sitting at the bottom of his cage this
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
I found my canary sitting at the bottom of his cage this morning... I put some food and water at the bottom and he was eating and drinking.. He has risen to a perch now but lifting his left lef … read more
My budgie has been bringing up her seed and sleeping a lot.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My budgie has been bringing up her seed and sleeping a lot. Now she is sitting on the bottom of her cage Mary… read more
Im over at my moms and her canary is sitting at the bottom
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi! Im over at my moms and her canary is sitting at the bottom of the cage. When i was over yesterday he did the same. At the time i thought it was because of his feet...the nails were so very long an… read more
Im in Mozambique and we do not have any vets that treat birds.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I'm in Mozambique and we do not have any vets that treat birds. One of my canaries seems to have caught a cold. His breathinbg is very fast and he keeps opening his beak like something is stuck in his… read more