Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Rosol
Dr. Rosol
Dr. Rosol, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My African grey is having poop that looks like pistachio
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My African grey is having poop that looks like pistachio pudding. She's about 40 yrs old. … read more
Our African Greys foot appears to have been bitten ( ) by
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Our African Grey's foot appears to have been bitten (?) by our Maltese. I did not see it, and the Grey was in the cage, but as I came in the room, it appeared the dog had caught the bird's foot. Just … read more
My 27 yr old african grey was breathing about a year ago a
knstrand
knstrand, Veterinarian
My 27 yr old african grey was breathing about a year ago a little bit cloggie..I took Him to a vet for birds....she did a culture...sent me home with an antibiotic to give him until the results came b… read more
My african grey parrot of 22 years died suddenly Friday. It
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My african grey parrot of 22 years died suddenly Friday. It seemed like a stroke or seizure. She did not have obvious signs of a problem like loss of feathers, sneezing, not eating or diarhea etc. For… read more
I have an african grey that has been plucking feather since
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an african grey that has been plucking feather since year old she has had collars on thyroxine as well as an antidepressant and nothing seems to work she get plenty of light and sun has a balan… read more
Ive tried several methods of preparation in getting my African
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I've tried several methods of preparation in getting my African Grey to eat fresh vegetables, without much luck. She will eat some Gerber baby foods and I need to know if this is harmful in any way???… read more
I am looking to buy a spherical collar for my african grey
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I am looking to buy a spherical collar for my african grey do you know where I can find one? Thanks Linda [email protected]… read more
I have a Congo African Grey Parrot and she just laid an egg
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a Congo African Grey Parrot and she just laid an egg 2 days ago. Now it looks like she is about to lay another one. Is there anything special I should do for her and should she be examined by a… read more
african grey: antibiotics and probiotic, and bathing..he seemed better
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I took my african grey to vet during a molt, he was chewing his feathers. After antibiotics and probiotic, and bathing daily, he seemed better. No chewed feathers for about two weeks. He is growing lo… read more
African Grey: has been biting her feathers around her neck..cage..pet
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my young African Grey has been biting her feathers around her neck for about 3yrs, what do you think could be the cause? she has good diet, lots of light and another Grey in next cage for company plus… read more
african grey: babies..nest and they are about 3-4 weeks old..Eyes
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I just pulled my african grey babies from the nest and they are about 3-4 weeks old i think. Eyes are open. the two oldest ones weigh 327 and 304 and the smallest is 241. The problem is that the young… read more
My African grey is 2yo and is acting like she is not feeling
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My African grey is 2yo and is acting like she is not feeling well very quiet this morning not talking or singing,she is eating ok but the last day she was tearing the news paper up from the bottom of … read more
I have an 16 yr old African grey. She started getting a
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an 16 yr old African grey. She started getting a tumor like growth on her "plucked chest about 2 months agao, and it continues to grow slowly. it is now about a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.… read more
African Grey: healthy eater and weighs about 560grams...feathers
Dr. Dan
I have a female 4year old African Grey. She is a healthy eater and weighs about 560grams. She is full feathered but lately is pulling out the small fuffy down feathers. She has no bald spots. Is this … read more
My African grey is making a strange noise, it sounds like
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My African grey is making a strange noise, it sounds like maybe a cough. She also sneezes a bit. Is it possible for that she has a cold or allergy. … read more
african grey parrot: her right leg..sat on her perch not moving much
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, I have an african grey parrot and today she is having a problem with her right leg i think. she has never had a problem before and today she is sat on her perch not moving much. She will walk t… read more
My African Grey has stopped talking and whistling and is only
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My African Grey has stopped talking and whistling and is only making muffled chirping sounds. Its almost like she is trying to tell me she has a sore throat. Should I be worried or Very Worried?… read more
A day ago my african grey was on my shoulder and she flew off
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
A day ago my african grey was on my shoulder and she flew off when I picked her up she seamed ok Today she is a little strange her beak is warm is is fluffed up and she is not using her beak to climb … read more