Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

EmergencyVets
EmergencyVets
EmergencyVets, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
my cockatiel of at least 15 years seems to have developed a
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
my cockatiel of at least 15 years seems to have developed a runny stool with what looks like blood.… read more
My 15 year old cockatiel has developed green nostrils. I also
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My 15 year old cockatiel has developed green nostrils. I also noticed that it seems to have traveled into the inside of the beak and that the beak seems to be peeling perhaps and sharper than usual. I… read more
My 25 year old cockatiel has a swollen and oozing preen gland.
Dr. Oz
Dr. Oz, DVM
My 25 year old cockatiel has a swollen and oozing preen gland. It seems to have developed rather suddenly, in that I pet him regularly and the lump at the base of his back seemed to come out of nowher… read more
My cockatiel seems to have a parasite in her upper beak nostrils,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel seems to have a parasite in her upper beak nostrils, can you recommend a remedy I can buy from a vet? My pet received an injury about six months ago which put her beak out of alignment & … read more
cockatiel: seemed very healthy so far but ive noticed..beak
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 20 year old cockatiel that I got from my aunt when he was 14. He has seemed very healthy so far but I've noticed that besides a very, very dry beak and feet, he also has these weird, 'mini-dr… read more
My cockatiel who is at least 14 years old has a bloody stool.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel who is at least 14 years old has a bloody stool. What can cause that and what needs to be done to help her?… read more
I have a 14 year old female cockatiel that has always plucked
Dr. Dan
I have a 14 year old female cockatiel that has always plucked her feathers. For years it was just the underside of her wings, but now she has lost her feathers from her rib cage and her hind quarters.… read more
I have tiny black bugs in my cockatiel's cage. I wonder if
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi, I have tiny black bugs in my cockatiel's cage. I wonder if he is diabetic? There is a lot of crusty white debris on the cage, on the floor of the cage and he shoots it out of his tail so it is on … read more
My cockatiel has had an injured wing for sometime now. She
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My cockatiel has had an injured wing for sometime now. She is 14 years old and seems to be in good health however, her flight feathers on the injured wing never grow. She picks at them often and it se… read more
23 yr old cockatiel. occasionally has what seems to be a
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
23 yr old cockatiel. occasionally has what seems to be a bloated crop ..and then it goes down and he looks normal. he eats voraciously and is pooping and active. This is happening more frequently. i h… read more
Dear Sir / Madam, I am residing in the Republic of Maldives.....
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
Dear Sir / Madam, I am residing in the Republic of Maldives..... I have a pet Cockatiel and she (or he) has developed an eye problem. She sits looking very puffed as if cold and is constantly wet arou… read more
Cockatiel: My 5 year..respiratory..he weezes and coughs.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My 5 year old Cockatiel has what seems to be respiratory problems. He weezes and coughs. Can't talk, chirp or whistle. Are there any home remedies to help him. I can't afford a vet right now.… read more
I have a 17 year old cockatiel (tame) that has developed a
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
I have a 17 year old cockatiel (tame) that has developed a growth on his side where his tail feathers were located. He doesn't seem to be in pain and has the demeaner that he always has had. This grow… read more
cockatiel: over 10 years old developed a problem..bleeding..inch long
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My cockatiel over 10 years old developed a problem this winter. He is constantly "ouching" and picking at his back to the point of bleeding. He has a bare spot on his back about an inch long and 1/2 i… read more
My baby cockatiel is sick, Dr. recommended euthanasia, she
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
My baby cockatiel is sick, Dr. recommended euthanasia, she said the chick has metabolic bone disease, but it is eating, sleeping well, just limping in its right leg because left leg Dr. said has sever… read more
I have a 21 year old male cockatiel who has never, in my 14
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 21 year old male cockatiel who has never, in my 14 years with him, displayed any symptoms of illness. Recently he has started acting like he is drunk. He has a hard time balancing on perches … read more
My 12 year old Male cockatiel is still eating well and is
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
My 12 year old Male? cockatiel is still eating well and is alert, but has developed a croaky voice. Is this just a sore throat or is it a serious complaint?… read more
My 12 year old cockatiel has developed green nostrils. There
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 12 year old cockatiel has developed green nostrils. There is no drainage coming out of his nose or anything like that, it almost looks like light green mold. It is mostly in one nostril. Also his b… read more