Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a male cockatiel that occasionally backs in to the
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a male cockatiel that occasionally backs in to the side of the cage (while standing on the cage floor) and pushes his rear up against the cage. He makes a gurgling sound (low volume) while doin… read more
My canary flew out of the cage while I was cleaning it. This
Dr. Dan
My canary flew out of the cage while I was cleaning it. This is not the first time, and I scooped him up and returned him to the cage. He now is not using his left foot to perch consistently. It appea… read more
goose: more than usual..breathing appears normal, no wheezing..weak
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an african female goose, 10 yrs old, just started acting lethargic, kinda shaky legs while standing, picky eating, sits around more than usual - no nasal discharge, breathing appears normal, no… read more
I HAVE TWO AFRICAN GREYS THAT I PUT IN TOGETHER IN A GAGE BECAUSE
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I HAVE TWO AFRICAN GREYS THAT I PUT IN TOGETHER IN A GAGE BECAUSE I WAS FED UP CLEANING 2 CAGES. THEY DO NOT LOOK THE SAME, ONE HAS DEFFINET ROUND EYES AND THE OTHER SLIGHTLY CHINESE LOOK EYES. THEY D… read more
While doing a thorough cleaning of my male parakeets cage yesterday,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
While doing a thorough cleaning of my male parakeets cage yesterday, I disconnected the top of the cage, and it accidentally fell on top of him. :( He seemed fine, however this morning I notice he is … read more
Hi; Yesterday I have seen my Bird (African grey 3 years old)
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi; Yesterday I have seen my Bird (African grey 3 years old) hanging on his cage, he did not stand up when i come into the room as usual. when i looked more i saw some blood on the perch he stands on.… read more
My 17 year old African Grey had a knot pop up on the side of
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 17 year old African Grey had a knot pop up on the side of his toe. It is not open and appears not to be painful to him. He is one who is a little bashful and when his cage is open or if someone he … read more
I came home today to find blood on the perches and floor of
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I came home today to find blood on the perches and floor of my galahs cage. I got him out and cleaned him up and noticed some of his feathers have been pulled out. no appearance of wounds just bare sk… read more
I have a 16 yr old African Grey. Last night I was cleaning
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a 16 yr old African Grey. Last night I was cleaning my oven and forgot to take out a teflon liner in the bottom of the oven ( which I did not notice until the oven was finished cleaning). the f… read more
HI I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD COCKETAIL WHILE I WAS CLEANING HER CAGE
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
HI I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD COCKETAIL WHILE I WAS CLEANING HER CAGE I NOTICED HER BACK END SEAMS TO BE SWOLLEN, AND SHE IS NOT RELEIVING HERSELF, CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVISE. UPSET IN LOCKPORT… read more
My African grey 24 years old, flew out of his cage yesterday
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my African grey 24 years old, flew out of his cage yesterday and took a bad fall to the floor. Today he is sleeping but is not standing like he usually does when he sleeps. He is chirping and eating a… read more
I was cleaning out my bird cage and I left the seeds that I
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I was cleaning out my bird cage and I left the seeds that I had removed from my bird cage on the floor and my pet bunny ate some of them . Is this anything to be worried about… read more
I have an African Grey Parrot, his name is XXXXX XXXXX is
jmayerdvm
jmayerdvm, bird veterinarian
I have an African Grey Parrot, his name is XXXXX XXXXX is 18 yrs old. Last evening while my friend and I were sitting on the sofa, this sofa is like two lounge chairs together. My parrot was out of hi… read more
Hello,whilst cleaning out my cockatoos cage/aviary on Wednesday
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello,whilst cleaning out my cockatoo's cage/aviary on Wednesday afternoon i noticed she wasn't standing properly on her perch in the cage.She has a rather large cage and often falls or looses her bal… read more
I don't know how old my cockatielis today I clean his cage
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I don't know how old my cockatielis today I clean his cage an now I see a lot of white chock stuff in the bottom of his cage… read more
My 16 yr old African Grey (female) is acting strange, sitting
knstrand
knstrand, Veterinarian
My 16 yr old African Grey (female) is acting strange, sitting at the bottom of her cage and shaking. She layed 2 eggs about 7-8 weeks ago which I took away at about a week after she cracked them. She … read more
Hi, Dr. Pat- I have a 20 yr old African Grey who is feather
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, Dr. Pat- I have a 20 yr old African Grey who is feather picking. She ingests her feathers. She has also begun to ingest newspaper & cardboard(from her toys. I use Harrison's pellets & have changed… read more
yr old..old African..her eyes closed alot these last couple of days
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a 20 yr old African Senegal. She has been keeping her eyes closed alot these last couple of days which is very unusual for her. Should I be concerned?… read more