Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
We have a 38 year old Blue Fronted amazon parrot who is
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
We have a 38 year old Blue Fronted amazon parrot who is clearly in distress. He is at the bottom of his cage, and did not eat yesterday or today. We think he may have an intestinal blockage. His eyes … read more
I have an amazon double yellow with one eye that apears red
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an amazon double yellow with one eye that apears red at the bottom of one eye and she is keeping it closed. Looking to know if this is an injury or? Just noticed it within the last hour.… read more
parakeet: four year old..is lying..cage breathing..breathing heavily
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Our four year old parakeet is lying on the bottom of the cage breathing heavily with his eyes closed. We have not noticed a specific injury. Do you know what might be wrong?… read more
I have a parakete. She is laying at bottom of cage with eyes
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a parakete. She is laying at bottom of cage with eyes closed. Puffed out. Breathing heavy. … read more
african grey parrot: bottom of the cage listless and shallow breathing
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My AfricanGrey parrott is 30 years old. He has no been sick. I came home to find him in the bottom of the cage listless and shallow breathing. Eyes are closed. He falls over when he tries to move. Wha… read more
Blue fronted Amazon Parrott. 35 years old. Arthritic. Active
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Blue fronted Amazon Parrott. 35 years old. Arthritic. Active all evening. Climbed down from cage, fell to his side. When being held, thick, yellow, mucus vomit. Can't grip with his feet. Unable to con… read more
I HAVE A YELLOW NAPE AMAZON PARROT she is 27 years old and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I HAVE A YELLOW NAPE AMAZON PARROT she is 27 years old and she got her toe stuck in the cage the toe is fine and but she has injured the upper joint on her leg its swollen i can't get her to the vet b… read more
I have a two year old gouldian female finch, she is on the
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a two year old gouldian female finch, she is on the bottom of the cage and has her eyes closed. I have her on heat and started her on ornacyline because the vet is out of town. She is drinking … read more
I have a baby Amazon, hes big. He and the Senegal are across
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a baby Amazon, he's big. He and the Senegal are across from each other in cages across the room. The Amazon went through a months separation and found healthy before I brought him together with… read more
blue front amazon: that is lethargic..bottom of his cage
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a blue front amazon bird that is lethargic. He is sitting on the bottom of his cage practically unresponsive.… read more
I have a yellow napped green amazon - he has moved from his
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a yellow napped green amazon - he has moved from his perch and stays on the bottom of his cage - he is over 50 years old not moving and extremely quiet - his feathers are not ruffled - is he at… read more
parrot: year old female..in perfect health and eats the best..bathroom
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
We have a 22 year old female Amazon. She has been in perfect health and eats the best of parrot food and fruit. Today it seems like she can't go to the bathroom and is struggling. She's an only bird, … read more
My 27 year old male cockatiel has been having siezure like
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
My 27 year old male cockatiel has been having siezure like episodes. He shrieks and then falls to the bottom of his cage and flops around uncontrollably. This lasts for a few minutes then he just lays… read more
Can an Amazon Parrot have seizures He starts a low squeal
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Can an Amazon Parrot have seizures? He starts a low squeal then raises his tail, is always in the bottom of the cage and gets real low to the cage. I reach in cage lightly pat him o nthe back or rub t… read more
i have a red lored amazon. i have had her about 20 years. 3
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
i have a red lored amazon. i have had her about 20 years. 3 weeks ago started acting different. went to bottom of cage, ate alot less,and made different noise. she also started shredding newspaper at … read more
Our 10 year old canarys one eye looks smaller (closed?) than
Dr. Dan
Our 10 year old canary's one eye looks smaller (closed?) than the other and at times he sits at the bottom of the cage and appears a bit disorientated. He is able to get on the perch and hops around o… read more
African grey parrot: her perch with one eye closed..24 hours
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M.
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M., Veterinarian
I have an African grey parrott about 30 years old who is just sitting on her perch with one eye closed and not eating . This has been about 24 hours… read more
My 23 year old cockatiel who appeared perfect healthy yesterday
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My 23 year old cockatiel who appeared perfect healthy yesterday and I just found him on the bottom of his cage he is very alert but can't move well. Is he dieing? I have him wrapped in a blanket and m… read more