Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My cockatiel has been on keflex for the past two weeks for
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel has been on keflex for the past two weeks for a serious bacterial infection. His appetite is now good and he was signing this morning, then got quieter later in the day. now he is still e… read more
My Amazon was just diagnosed with lung infection - waiting
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My Amazon was just diagnosed with lung infection - waiting for results of bacterial or fungal. He is 7 yrs old, good health, how scared should I be?… read more
My cockatiel has a respiratory infection. He was on Baytril
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My cockatiel has a respiratory infection. He was on Baytril for a week with no improvement. I was given 2nd drug called Clavamox (broad-spectrum antibiotic) and was told to give both. The following ni… read more
african grey: months old..sleeping..him back on antibiotics..he cries
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
my african grey timneh is 7 months old he came down with a bacterial infection diagnosed by avian vet he was put on baytril. he was on that for 10 days he seemed to be doing good but then last week he… read more
White Cap Pionus: enlarged..bacterial infection or PDS...metronidazole
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 9 years White Cap Pionus was diagnosed Enlarged Proventricilus on X-ray Doctor said it's maybe bacterial infection or PDS. Doctor prescribed Enrofioxacin and Metronidazole twice a day. He was eatin… read more
Hi my pet cockatiel is 7 years old and was diagnosed by an
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hi my pet cockatiel is 7 years old and was diagnosed by an avian vet as having respiratory infection yesterday. He prescribed baytril and an anti fungal antibiotics to be syringed in to the birds mout… read more
cockatiel: 10 year old..bacterial infection..cage..no signs of illness
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Our 10 year old cockatiel just died, our guess is that it was a bacterial infection. Should we have his cage mate (biological brother) checked by a vet? He shows no signs of illness, just the obvious … read more
Our female cockatiel was prescribed Meloxidyl to be given
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our female cockatiel was prescribed Meloxidyl to be given nightly at a .03 m dosage for possible pain and inflammation for what appears to be egg but is thought to be a tumor near her cloaca. We were … read more
I have a bonded cockatiel couple --- up until now Ive been
Dr. Dan
I have a bonded cockatiel couple --- up until now I've been stressed over the fact that he is constantly on her, and she just lays eggs constantly!!! I leave them until they both are unattentive to th… read more
dog: was diagnosed with kennel cough..6 babies..get infected..humans.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
My dog was diagnosed with kennel cough. I have two breeding cockatiels and 6 babies, can the birds get infected with this cough. What about humans. The dog sleeps with my husband. Can he get this coug… read more
On Wednesday, my Cockatiel started suddenly limping. It was
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
On Wednesday, my Cockatiel started suddenly limping. It was hard to tell what was wrong with him but he did have a pretty bad fall that morning. I decided to wait and take him to the vet. On Thursday … read more
I took Jade to get his wings clipped on Wednesday and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I took Jade to get his wings clipped on Wednesday and afterward he seemed very stressed although he has had this done lots of times before. I brought him home thinking that over time he would get bett… read more
I have a Cockatiel that suddenly fell to the bottom of the
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a Cockatiel that suddenly fell to the bottom of the cage and now has a difficult time breathing. Possible fumes from paint thinner exposure.… read more
My cockatiel is stressed and just sits fluffed up on the bottom
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel is stressed and just sits fluffed up on the bottom of his cage. This has been going on for several days now. I have taken him to the vet and they did blood tests, which all came back nega… read more
turkey: pet..bacterial infection, he has diarrhea..antibiotics..shot
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi there, I have a male pet turkey who appears to have a bacterial infection, he has diarrhea and is off colour, not eating but drinking lots of water. He is also slightly purple around his head and n… read more
Hi Dr Dan, my cockatiel was diagnosed with kidney infection
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hi Dr Dan, my cockatiel was diagnosed with kidney infection about 6 weeks ago. No blood tests were done. Symptoms were very watery droppings, lots of water intake, very unsteady legs. An antibiotic wa… read more
I have two issa brown hens, one recently diagnosed with an
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have two issa brown hens, one recently diagnosed with an infection. The vet has given Doxycycline to add to the water for treatment. They share the water and the healthy hen is still laying. How lon… read more
My cockatoo was stressed and possibly injured by a dog, she
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My cockatoo was stressed and possibly injured by a dog, she is vomiting green liquid. There are no bird vets in the area. Is this a serious sign. She has no visible signs of injury. I am not sure if t… read more