Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

allpetsdr
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
budgie: months old..sick??? he eats but just sits on his perch most
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an English budgie that is about 4 months old and has been with me for about 3 weeks now, he is very quiet and does not play, he will step up on my finger but is still very fearful of anything d… read more
him 4 days while there they gave him 2 shot..long lasting antibiotic.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
3 week ago my cocktail had a hard time to breath . I took him to the vet and they keep him 4 days while there they gave him 2 shot. long lasting antibiotic. Took EX and they were Ok Blood test show no… read more
We have a young budgie, about 4 months old (non flyer from
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
We have a young budgie, about 4 months old (non flyer from birth). Have had him 3 weeks. In this time is droppings are sticking to his bottom. We continue to clean him, but this has not helped, and at… read more
My budgie is hunching over and has some droppings stuck to
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie is hunching over and has some droppings stuck to her bottom. Do I get her to a vet asap, or is there something I can do for her at home?… read more
I have 3 female parakeets..One has had her beak trimmed about
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have 3 female parakeets..One has had her beak trimmed about a month ago ..It was to long and vet was worried about trimming it too close..So now it needs to be trimmed again..I have all sorts of thi… read more
We first took her to a regular vet who gave her antibiotics.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My cockatail has been sick for about 3 weeks. We first took her to a regular vet who gave her antibiotics. We waited a couple of days but she wasn't getting any better. I took her to a specialist who … read more
moluccan cockatoo: vet today..beak needs..nails clipped..anesthesia
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
we bought a molucaan cockatoo 4 days ago and took her to the vet today. he says her beak needs cutting and nails clipped. wants to use anesthesia. is this the right thing to do.… read more
My budgie has a very abnormally long beak. It has grown very
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
My budgie has a very abnormally long beak. It has grown very long in a matter of weeks. I tryed clipping it , but it just seemed to make matters worse. He is still able to eat at the moment, but I fea… read more
all budgies are over grooming and gining bald patches. some
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
all budgies are over grooming and gaining bald patches. some are appearing ill. 4 weeks ago i applied moxetin externallyand used turbusole mixture on all of them by crop feeder.. i have re applied mox… read more
Hello Dr, I have a much love budgie of four and a half. We
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello Dr, I have a much love budgie of four and a half. We took her to a vet 2 weeks ago and symptoms persist. She presented with very loose motions and her back passage was very irratated, and she wa… read more
Have a budgie who has an over grown beak. How do I go about
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Have a budgie who has an over grown beak. How do I go about trimming it. I do not live anywhere near an avian vet.… read more
my ringneck parrot doesmt seem to be well. The beak was too
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my ringneck parrot doesmt seem to be well. The beak was too long about 4 weeks ago and was cut. Now there seems to be a rash under the beak. The feathers are all gone under the beak and my parrot mang… read more
I went to the vets the other day and she told me my budgie
Dr. Dave
Dr. Dave, Clinical Veterinarian
I went to the vets the other day and she told me my budgie was egg bound but could not get it out. I have since put her in the airing cupboard with fresh water to keep her warm. The egg still hasnt co… read more
cockatiel: me eye drops and liquid doxycycline compund..mouth..mix
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
hi, i have a cockatiel that i just found out it had pink eye so i took it to the vet and he gave me eye drops and liquid Doxycycline compund that i have to give him by mouth i just wanted to make sure… read more
I have a 3 yr old male budgie. With some loose faeces, hes
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a 3 yr old male budgie. With some loose faeces, he's quiet and just not himself. I took him to the vet and got given some baytril to mix in his water, he was brighter for three days and I thoug… read more
My approx. 3 year old Budgie's beak has started to grow
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My approx. 3 year old Budgie's beak has started to grow longer than normal and I have to trim it approximately 3 times over the past 3 weeks. This is unusual for me because none of my other birds have… read more
My budgie has hyperkeratosis, an enlarged area above her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My budgie has hyperkeratosis, an enlarged area above her beak. It just recently developed and I wonder if there might be medication I can give her or if she will need to visit a bird vet. She is not a… read more
I have a female cockateil whose droppings smell really bad,
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
Hi I have a female cockateil whose droppings smell really bad … read more