Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
chicken: breeder flock..tryed treating..no seeming improvement
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
I have a chicken broiler breeder flock diagnosed with Histomoniasis. We have tryed treating with Safeguard (fenbendazole) with no seeming improvement in mortality. We are losing approx. 1% of flock pe… read more
My red Radner broiler s are dying. I have them in a stock tank
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My red Radner broiler s are dying. I have them in a stock tank in my living room, we have had daily rain for weeks. They are sickly a day, sitting on the floor, will not eat or drink. The next day the… read more
Why cant we eat the chickens that were treated with piperazine
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Why can't we eat the chickens that were treated with piperazine yesterday, when the same med is safely used to treat humans?… read more
chicken: we believe is infected..treated..supposed to be administered
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Etiquette consultant
my girlfriend has a silkie chicken we believe is infected with syngamus spp gapeworm. we were told it could be treated with ivermectin.we found some but it is supposed to be administered by syrenge.is… read more
We have a flock of Bantam chickens. They were treated with
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
We have a flock of Bantam chickens. They were treated with Wazine 17 for suspected roundworms 1 month ago and my daughters repeated the dose last night around 10 pm. This morning, around 10 am, they r… read more
I think some of my chickens may have avian influenza what do
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I think some of my chickens may have avian influenza what do I treat it with and where can Ipurchase the drugs… read more
We found a blue budgie at our birdfeeder over the weekend.
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
We found a blue budgie at our birdfeeder over the weekend. It was raining and cool out, and we were worried that it wouldn't survive outdoors. My sons were able to catch it and we found a birdcage and… read more
We've been treating our Rhode Island Red chicken for
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
We've been treating our Rhode Island Red chicken for bumble-foot but are afraid we may have made it worse. We tried surgically removing it and got a lot of it out but we think there's more. We don't w… read more
We have had a lot of rain here lately, more than what the ground
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
We have had a lot of rain here lately, more than what the ground can soak in, and there are puddles and standing water everywhere, my chickens and kittens have been drinking out of these rather than r… read more
My chickens may have ingested rat poison- bromethalin. Is
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi...my chickens may have ingested rat poison- bromethalin. Is there anything I can do? … read more
my chickens had baytril for sneezes but they refused to drink
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
my chickens had baytril for sneezes but they refused to drink the water so the meds were ineffective I now have vetremox but it says on the tub do not give to hens laying eggs for human consumption ye… read more
I HAVE CHICKENS AND TURKEYS THAT HAVE DEVELOPED BUMPS ON THEIR
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
I HAVE CHICKENS AND TURKEYS THAT HAVE DEVELOPED BUMPS ON THEIR EYELIDS I THINK THEY MAY BE FROM MOSQUITO BITES BUT IM NOT SURE I HAVE ALREADY LOST A FEW. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HEAL THEM?… read more
One of my chickens seem to have diarrhea, I treated the water
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
One of my chickens seem to have diarrhea, I treated the water with worm meds, what is the cause?… read more
I think one chicken has avian pox, It has lesions around the
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
It has lesions around the eye, not sure how to treat that and also wondering if it's safe to eat their eggs if they have an infection … read more
We recently were adopted by an abandoned goose. There were
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
We recently were adopted by an abandoned goose. There were 2 and she ended up being the lucky one. We have chickens that are penned and she seems to like hanging out around them. Does she need another… read more
We think our chicken is egg bound. We dont know she last lay
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We think our chicken is egg bound. We don't know she last lay an egg - the chickens just finished their molt and the other chickens are laying. Her tail is down, she has yellow discharge from her butt… read more
We noticed that there was blood at her egg hole, and other
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
We noticed that there was blood at her egg hole, and other chickens were picking at her. We checked it out and saw some of its stuff outside the egghole, and i pushed it back in. Is this normal or is … read more
In July we treated our chickens (2) for coccsidiosis with Sulmet.
Dr. Dan
In July we treated our chickens (2) for coccsidiosis with Sulmet. Unfortunately we didn't notice the fine print that said the product was not for laying chickens. The chickens were cured and started l… read more