Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

allpetsdr
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had a cold but she is very weak and has even thrown up a little.... she does not feel hot or too cold ....is there anything we can give her? wha… read more
My blue and gold macaw is sneezing and snotting like she has
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My blue and gold macaw is sneezing and snotting like she has a cold. She is 17yrs. old and to our knowledge, has never been ill. It's been really cold here; we had her by a window but have since moved… read more
My Blue and Gold Macaw has lobored breathing and some nasal
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My Blue and Gold Macaw has lobored breathing, spitting up now and then like a flem, seems to be weak and can't stand. Just started tonight. Is there anything I can do?… read more
My blue and gold macaw is having breathing problems wheezing
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My blue and gold macaw is having breathing problems wheezing and sneezing, she has no energy, please can you advise.… read more
I have a blue and gold macaw about 33 years old. He has always
Dr. Dan
I have a blue and gold macaw about 33 years old. He has always been healthy, No colds, infection, nothing. Lately he leans forward on his perch with his tail in the air. His vent is contracting and he… read more
My blue gold macaw started acting sluggish today, she sounds
Dr. Dan
My blue gold macaw started acting sluggish today, she sounds like she has a small amount of upper respiratory mucous and now has clear sticky mucous in her beak? made an appointment for the morning bu… read more
We have a blue and gold Macaw that just tonight started shaking,
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
We have a blue and gold Macaw that just tonight started shaking, with ruffled feathers and some heavy breathing. She fell off of her perch also. She has been just fine until this happened.… read more
My blue and gold macaw is 30 years old and is having trouble
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My blue and gold macaw is 30 years old and is having trouble breathing through his nose. We took him to a vet. She gave him an antibiotic and tested him for avian polyomavirus and chlamydophila psitta… read more
My blue and gold macaw has become very aggressive and his stools
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
My blue and gold macaw has become very aggressive and his stools appear loose and the color is a greenish blue. Nothing different has been added to his diet.… read more
blue and gold Macaw: appetite..shes..stool seems to be a bit runny
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My blue and gold Macaw has had a loss of appetite and is trembling quite a bit as if shes cold. We don't have the AC unit on and the temperature in the house is around 78 -80 degrees. It hasn't made h… read more
In parrots with aspergilliouus, a six year old blue and gold
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
In parrots with aspergilliouus, a six year old blue and gold macaw, how likely is it for the bird to live, with treatment .thank you… read more
I have a blue and gold Macaw 6 years old. He is fed Laffbers
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold Macaw 6 years old. He is fed Laffbers pellets for parrots (refuses to eat the macaw type throws them out of the cage) He gets a sulfate free dried fruit mix and once a week a se… read more
My blue and gold macaw is sneezing and has a light discharge
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi. My blue and gold macaw is sneezing and has a light discharge from her nare on one side. Is there anything that I can give her that would ease her distress? … read more
Blue and Gold Macaw: 16 year old..laid eggs with the previous owner
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a 16 year old Blue and Gold Macaw who has fallen in love with the washing machine. She has torn up paper and does not like to leave the area. She has laid eggs with the previous owner since we … read more
My Blue and Gold Macaw is coughing and has mucus coming out
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My Blue and Gold Macaw is coughing and has mucus coming out his breathing holes in his beak. He is about 15 years old and was never sick before. Any ideas on what to do. The nearest avian vet is over … read more
i have a blue and gold macaw 5 years old looking depressed
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
i have a blue and gold macaw 5 years old looking depressed and fluffed this morning can still fly the lenght of the avairy 6 mt new wire on the avairy but did leave to weather for quite awhile before … read more
I have a blue and gold macaw, three years old and she has fluffy
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold macaw, three years old and she has fluffy feathers from me being away for three weeks at the hospital. she has new feathers on her wings and a bald spot on her chest. What do I … read more
parrot: 12 years old..feathers.. aspect by changing her toys..perch
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My parrot is a female Blue & Gold Macaw 12 years old who I have had since she was 3yrs old but she will insist on plucking her breast feathers. I've tried to deal with the 'boredom' aspect by changing… read more