Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a White Face Male Cockatiel that is in with a Cinamon
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a White Face Male Cockatiel that is in with a Cinamon Female. The Female has gone laid an egg & has attacked the male above the eye. The male seems now to be stress & now crashes into blinds & … read more
cockatiel: eggs that arent viable as I know this is hard on her
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
1. I have a foster cockatiel and she is laying an egg every 2, 3 or 4 days. I don't want her to continue to lay eggs that aren't viable as I know this is hard on her. I also have a male parottlet who … read more
I HAVE BREEDING QUAKERS. THEY ARE EATING THE EGGS. THEY GET
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I HAVE BREEDING QUAKERS. THEY ARE EATING THE EGGS. THEY GET COCKATIEL SEED, ZUPREEM PELLETS, PETAMINE, VEGGIES, FRUITS, HARD BOILED EGG. THEY ARE IN A ROOM WITH A PAIR OF COCKATIELS AND 7 LOVEBIRDS. N… read more
Hi Dr. Dan, I want to ask about my male cockatiel. He has fallen
Dr. Dan
Hi Dr. Dan, I want to ask about my male cockatiel. He has fallen in love with one of my female cockatiels, and wants her with him all the time. I may give one of them to my mother who also loves birds… read more
My cockatiel died. She was a bird that many many eggs. No
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My cockatiel died. She was a bird that laid many many eggs. No matter what I did (put her to bed early, get dummy eggs) she still laid eggs. I feel so bad. I was putting her to bed when she was on her… read more
I have a pair of cocakteils male and female my female has never
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a pair of cocakteils male and female my female has never laid an egg, but she alows male to breed… read more
cockatiel: mated..she layed the egg on the bottom of the cage
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
I have a pair of cockatiels that have mated and she layed her first egg today.I cant get her to go in the nesting box, she layed the egg on the bottom of the cage so I picked it up and placed it in th… read more
cockatiel: year old female..developed a bulge in her abdomen
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a 5 year old female cockatiel. She's an egg layer -- 190 eggs so far. She has developed a bulge in her abdomen to the right side and slightly behind her cloaca. It's a soft protuberance exagger… read more
My cockatiel has been on the bottom of the cage 2 days I suspected
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockatiel has been on the bottom of the cage 2 days I suspected egg binding but she laid an egg 2 days ago and hasn't seemed 2 recover I,m giving her h2o with syringe she's tolerating small amounts… read more
Budgies: 2 eggs..her beak is dry and she is shivering a little bit
Dr. Dan
We have 4 Budgies, 2 male and 2 female. The Budgies are in season and about 2 weeks ago the dominate female attacked the younger female, she wounded the young females face near one of her eyes, I sepa… read more
I just asked a question about a egg bound cockatiel If the
Dr. Dan
I just asked a question about a egg bound cockatiel If the answer is going to be take her to the vet then I don't want to pay a fee. If there is something I can do here at home I would be happy to pay… read more
My female scaly breasted lorikeet mated with my male cockatiel
Dr. Dan
My female scaly breasted lorikeet mated with my male cockatiel and has layed 2 perfect eggs will they hatch… read more
cockatiel: egg.., know she is very still and shivering, is it normal
Pet Vet
Pet Vet, veterinary hospital owner
I have a cockatiel and she had an egg half way stuck for 2 days, I took her to the vat and took it out, know she is very still and shivering, is it normal, do I have to do something?… read more
cockatiel: seen them mate several times and dont know what is wrong.
Dr. Angela
Dr. Angela, Veterinarian
i have a male and female cockatiel that have layed eggs for the second time. both times the eggs where no good. i have seen them mate several times and dont know what is wrong. i feel they regret me w… read more
Is there anything available to stop a Cockatiel Hen from laying
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Is there anything available to stop a Cockatiel Hen from laying eggs? My grandson has a female, I have a male... he is frequently away and I look after his bird, but she has been eggbound and it cost … read more
our cockatiel is bright yellow. I was told that he is a male.
Dr:D
Dr:D, DVM
our cockatiel is bright yellow. I was told that he is a male. He has laid 4 eggs, sitting on 2 and left the other 2. What do i do to stop him from laying more eggs… read more
Our Cockatiel just laid her first egg. Of course we that she
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Our Cockatiel just laid her first egg. Of course we that she was male. What is correct thing to do?… read more
Hello, my cockatiel is egg bound she is already sitting on
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello, my cockatiel is egg bound she is already sitting on seven eggs. I have codliver oil in her seed, she hasnt had the oil for a week as i ran out, she has cuttlefish, vitamins etc. Whithout having… read more