Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
We have a bird in the garden which we dont think is a chick.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have a bird in the garden which we don't think is a chick. It is fully feathered with a developing yellow beak. It is sitting in the waterfall of our pond and seems to just sleep out in the open. A… read more
conure: one eye and is now plucking all feathers on his back..yrs old
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my old conure has developed one black outer ring on one eye and is now plucking all feathers on his back. he is over 23 yrs old is this a sign the end is soon… read more
Dear Dr. Bob, I also have a question about feathering. One
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Dear Dr. Bob, I also have a question about feathering. One of my chickens did not seem to get her healthy feathers back after moulting. She is the only one of my 4 that have this problem. The feathers… read more
One of my chickes looks ill, She is down at the back end with
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my chickes looks ill, She is down at the back end with tail feathers down, she has lost a lot of underside feathers, Her faeces are wet and smelly. Her eyes sre bight and her comb looks red, sh… read more
I have incubated 11 chickens 8 days ago yesterday one chick
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have incubated 11 chickens 8 days ago yesterday one chick seems to be wanting to sleep all the time and has some interest in food ,the other chicks are fine and the chicks have had no contact with t… read more
chick: week old..lumps..tumors..theyre being eaten away by a virus
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
Hello!, We have an 8 week old maran chick, which has lumps all over it back, neck, legs etc. They look like small tumors (the biggest being about 1 cm square) and as they develop they get scabby with … read more
I have 3, 4 week old cockatiel chicks and mom seems to be
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have 3, 4 week old cockatiel chicks and mom seems to be pulling their feathers out. Is this normal or is something wrong? What should I do?… read more
I have 11 hens and 1 rooster.They have started losing their
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have 11 hens and 1 rooster.They have started losing their feathers and nothing is growing back in. also several have lost all the feathers on their bottom,which is now beet red. What should I do? I'… read more
We have 20 baby chicks. One seems to have about 3/4 of its
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have 20 baby chicks. One seems to have about 3/4 of its colon hanging out of its anus. it is bloody. The chick is peeping none stop. I gave it a sitz bath. Not sure what else we can do. Should we e… read more
We have some 5 week old chicks and one of the chicks jumped
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
We have some 5 week old chicks and one of the chicks jumped down on a smaller chick and now it looks sideways most of the time. It eats, drinks, and walks around. We have it by it self right now. What… read more
i have 11 parakeets. one has developed feather plucking. i
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
i have 11 parakeets. one has developed feather plucking. i have been told she has bacteria on her skin. dosed with baytril and another antibiotic, cage cleaned, water and food dishes cleaned, all to n… read more
We have 28 broiler chicks that are 5 weeks old. I have one
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
we have 28 broiler chicks that are 5 weeks old. I have one that has a broken wing but we noticed tonite that the back of the wing is turning green under the skin. what should we do… read more
I have 11 hens and one rooster, there are about 3 of them
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have 11 hens and one rooster, there are about 3 of them that have lost there feathers aroung their back end, bald with bump skin. I have one hen at this time that I found laying on the ground spread… read more
My cockateel hasnt moved on his perch all morning. he has
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
my cockateel hasnt moved on his perch all morning. he has puffed his feathers and shuts his eyes. his breast pumps like a heart beat… read more
My husband and I have hatched several chick's this weekend
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Hi! My husband and I have hatched several chick's this weekend and we have one baby that it looks like the joint on the leg is swollen and the baby isn't putting any weight on it. I don't know what do… read more
One of my pet ducks was attacked by a dog and all the feathers
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
One of my pet ducks was attacked by a dog and all the feathers in his back have been plucked out - will they grow back?… read more
Bantam: Lavender..all the feathers..neck seems to be a little swollen
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Lavender Bantam about 5 years old has lost all the feathers around his head and neck. Also one side of this neck seems to be a little swollen. Any ideas? [email protected] He occasionally scratches and t… read more
Chick streching her neck all the time and opening her beak
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Chick streching her neck all the time and opening her beak it sounds like she is gasping for air, she is also producing a white flem from her beak. Please can you help Dave Farnham… read more