Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a young hen about 7 mos old, usually lays one egg a
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a young hen about 7 mos old, usually lays one egg a day, but has been sitting on the nest for two days now and no egg. I'm concerned for her.… read more
my 10month old wyandotte was laying an egg a day and has suddenly
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my 10month old wyandotte was laying an egg a day and has suddenly stopped. she sits in the nesting box day after day, puffed up. other than that she appears content and healthy. I've isolated her in a… read more
We have a call duck sitting on eggs. 3 have hatched 2 days
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
We have a call duck sitting on eggs. 3 have hatched 2 days ago there are about 5 more still in the nest. How long should we leave her to sit upon them. Many thanks.… read more
Hello, 3 days ago, at night, I found one of my egg laying chickens
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
Hello, 3 days ago, at night, I found one of my egg laying chickens sitting on the floor of the coop instead of on the roost with the other nine that I own. I separated her from the group and put her i… read more
chickens: backyard flock..has not laid an egg in 3 days
Deb Jankura
Deb Jankura, Veterinarian
I have a backyard flock of 10 chickens. They are a year old. One of the chickens has not laid an egg in 3 days. She sits in the nest and tries, then leaves the nest, then goes back to the nest. She is… read more
We have a chicken that is about 12 months old now. Has been
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have a chicken that is about 12 months old now. Has been healthy and laying one egg per day. Yesterday she was sitting and looking sluggish. Today she is sitting on the floor of the coop sort of sp… read more
Have 4 brown hens about two and a half weeks. No eggs yet.
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
Have 4 brown hens about two and a half weeks. No eggs yet. One of them has been in the nest box all day either sitting or standing. Will not take any food. Usually run a mile when I am close but she i… read more
will a duck sit on infertile eggs we have a hen thats been
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
will a duck sit on infertile eggs? we have a hen that's been sitting on a nest for days now. not all of the eggs are hers. does she know something we don't or will she sit on them even if there's been… read more
We found a dead fox in our chicken nesting area. He suffered
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We found a dead fox in our chicken nesting area. He suffered from mange. One of the hens had lay an egg next to it. Just what are the chances of the chickens catching mange and what should I do about … read more
My budgie laid 3 eggs which she has been sitting on for the
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My budgie laid 3 eggs which she has been sitting on for the past 10 days. She has stayed in her nesting box the whole time, although today noticed her out of the box and had a peek in the box, with no… read more
Our chicken is in the nesting box of her coop for 2 days.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our chicken is in the nesting box of her coop for 2 days. Not eating or coming out. She looks healthy. She is sitting, not standing. Seems to be breathi g fine. Her voice sounds are different. Quieter… read more
Hello my chicken stopped laying eggs several months ago and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hello my chicken stopped laying eggs several months ago and is showing signs of diarrhea and she keeps her back down?… read more
My chicken seems to be egg bound was laying 1 a day now she
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My chicken seems to be egg bound was laying 1 a day now she just sits in the corner like she is going 2 lay but nothing. I have tried Roland's and warm baths but nothing.l am worried she is in pain… read more
How do we make sure our chickens lay their eggs in the box?
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
How do we make sure our chickens lay their eggs in the box? We just bought them as 18 month olds and moved them from another town.… read more
We have a mallard nest that has a full clutch of eggs and the
LennyDVM
LennyDVM, Doctoral Degree
We have a mallard nest that has a full clutch of eggs and the mother has been sitting on these eggs for almost a month now. Late yesterday evening she was not in the nest and she has not returned toda… read more
chickens: flock..just about to lay eggs in age..One is acting
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
we have a flock of new chickens, just about to lay eggs in age. One is acting like she has a cold. What should we be doing?… read more
Our hen, about 6 months old, is just sitting in her nesting
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our hen, about 6 months old, is just sitting in her nesting box all day and doesn't want to get up. She's only eating a bit of seed and greens and is drinking sparingly too. Her comb lost a bit of col… read more
My cockateil has four eggs (two a month ago). She sits
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My cockateil has laid four eggs (two a month ago). She sits on the nest constantly, has stopped singing, and only gets off the nest to eat once or twice a day. I tried throwing the eggs away a month o… read more