Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My Budgie bird has got diarrhea and has had it for a few days
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My Budgie bird has got diarrhea and has had it for a few days now. Is there anything I can do? The Budgie is just over 9 years old. We had 2 Budgies (the same age) and one died at the end of December.… read more
i just brought home a new young budgie because my older budgie
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
i just brought home a new young budgie because my older budgie just lost its friend a few days ago. i have a breeder cage so they are separated for now until i feel that they know each other then i wi… read more
Our budgie only very young (bought from a pet shop) has been
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Our budgie only very young (bought from a pet shop) has been acting strange the last couple of days. Diet has not changed at all since we got them. His chest seems like it has a lump in it, he is havi… read more
parakeet: suddenly started..past few days..his cage puffed..breathing
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My parakeet suddenly started acting unusual. For the past few days he has been sitting in differant corners of his cage puffed up. At times he seems to be breathing kind of heavy. He goes to his food … read more
I have a 25 year old Cockatiel,he has been very quite for the
Dr. Dan
I have a 25 year old Cockatiel,he has been very quite for the last 4 days ,sitting in the bottom of his cage.he shows signs of weakness and his feathers are puffy and he is breathing fast,usually he i… read more
hi, our budgie,Opal, has been breathing rapidly and squeaking
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
hi, our budgie,Opal, has been breathing rapidly and squeaking when breathing, got home just now to find him on the bottom of the cage with wings extended. Other budgie seems okay. Opal is only a year … read more
Hi, I have 2 cockatiels and from when I got the male out of
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, I have 2 cockatiels and from when I got the male out of his cage this morning he has been acting strange, he is tame and has not left my shoulder since I got him up. He just wants to sleep and has… read more
My rat fell off the table a few days ago and ever since then
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My rat fell off the table a few days ago and ever since then she has been acting strange. She won't eat and she sleeps all the time and her nose looks like it is about to bleed. I have walked in and f… read more
my male cockatiel is acting strange . he sit in corner of his
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
my male cockatiel is acting strange . he sit in corner of his cage and sleep. he no longer sings or talks like before. i have checked his body and cage but everything seems fine. i don't know if he go… read more
Budgie: yr old..acting..begun to act as if he is ravenously hungry.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My 5+ yr old budgerigar 'Budgie Bob' is acting very strangely. He was a great talker when he was young, but now just settles for wolf-whistles and whistling sounds imitated from us. He's begun to act … read more
My budgie has been addicted on eating a lot these a couple
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie has been addicted on eating a lot these a couple of days. She doesn't act as active as before. Doesn't chirp much. More nap. She looks getting fat( puffy).When she is out of cage, she chew c… read more
I have a young budgie that has been out of the nest for 8 days.
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a young budgie that has been out of the nest for 8 days. He is quite inactive and just sits on the bottom of the cage… read more
budgie: two puncture wounds..bleeding..perch but with his eyes closed
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
Hi there, Our cat just got in while the budgie was out and caught him :-( the budgie has two puncture wounds low on his chest just above his legs. The external bleeding has stopped. Budgie sitting on … read more
budgie: last few days..sneezing..panting..stuffy nose
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My budgie has not been herself the last few days, i think she might have a cold. she is sneezing and panting it almost sounds as if she has a stuffy nose. she is usually quite a happy chirpy bird, she… read more
budgie: last few days..listless,fluffing up his feathers..usual
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
my budgie is approx 4 yrs ld. for the last few days he has been listless,fluffing up his feathers, not chirping and not eating or drinking as much as usual. on closer examination today i have noticed … read more
Started acting strange. Was constipated a few days ago and I
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Started acting strange. Was constipated a few days ago and I took care of that problem and that seemed ok. But today he is mostly on bottom of cage and won't \get on my finger. He was singing this mor… read more
My budgie has been throwing up green liquid past few
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie has been throwing up green liquid for the past few days after eating baby lettuce (spring mix, organic). His feathers are ruffled and he is lethargic. What should I do?… read more
budgie: little quiet over the last few days. Today I noticed..perch
Dr. Dan
I have a budgie that is about 3 years old. It has been a little quiet over the last few days. Today I noticed that it is not able to sit on the perch, it is leaning to the side sitting in its food con… read more