Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

allpetsdr
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
male canary - low activity, puffed up appearance, sits on bottom
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
male canary - low activity, puffed up appearance, sits on bottom of cage, not cleaning himself, no bathing. Lokks like raw spot around neck area.… read more
My canary sits on the floor of the cage a two or three few
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi my canary sits on the floor of the cage a two or three few times a day, otherwise he looks fine and flies around and eats normally. he does not really sing--he has a female in the cage too. we have… read more
Hi, Our Male Budgie seems very lathargic (spelling ), He sits
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Hi, Our Male Budgie seems very lathargic (spelling?), He sits mainly on the floor of the cage & is puffed up & shivering. Temp for the last week has been about 28c - 34c through the day & warm nights.… read more
My little canary is sitting on the floor, in a corner of his
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My little canary is sitting on the floor, in a corner of his cage. He has been twitching for over 3 hours. He was fine yesterday. He seems bright eyed. When I changed his water and gave him fresh food… read more
lovebird: my male..bottom of the cage and unable..perch..breeding
Dr. Dan
my male lovebird became very ill for a few days, sitting on the bottom of the cage and unable to use his foot. Now he appears fine except 2 toes are crossed and he can no longer perch properly or clin… read more
2 yr old green parakeet with feathers all fluffed up all the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
2 yr old green parakeet with feathers all fluffed up all the time, now staying on cage floor used to be very active. We have another parakeet in the same cage.… read more
cockatiel: top of his cage right now and is shaking and very puffed
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
i have a cockatiel who is normally very chatty .. he is sitting on top of his cage right now and is shaking and very puffed up with his head buried...what is wrong with him… read more
My parakeet is puffed up, sitting on the floor of her cage
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
my parakeet is puffed up, sitting on the floor of her cage in the corner, not being active and playing, always sleeping and not singing … read more
Hello, I found my young male canary huddled on the floor
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello, I found my young male canary huddled on the floor of the flight cage a few hours ago. I've isolated him in a separate cage in the bathroom, near a lamp, with a dark towel covering the lamp and … read more
Hello- I just read you reply to a person with a canary sitting
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hello- I just read you reply to a person with a canary sitting on the bottom of a cage, I have the same problem. My canary sits on the bottom, puffed up but is eating and drinking. I have a heater tha… read more
I my canary bird is sitting on the cage floor and around s
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hii my canary bird is sitting on the cage floor and around his eyes look crusty and dry, what should i do to prevent him getting sick and dying? Please answer as soon as possible… read more
My male canary escaped out of the cage this morning as I was
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My male canary escaped out of the cage this morning as I was cleaning it. He did not fly very far before aliting on the floor. He just stupid there and i was able to quickly get him.this surprised me … read more
Hello, My Canary looks OK, but he has stopped singing cept
Dr. Dan
Hello, My Canary looks OK, but he has stopped singing 'cept for peeps & an occasional chirp. He's sitting on the floor of the cage in the daytime & sitting on his perches at nite. He is eating, hasn't… read more
Im over at my moms and her canary is sitting at the bottom
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi! Im over at my moms and her canary is sitting at the bottom of the cage. When i was over yesterday he did the same. At the time i thought it was because of his feet...the nails were so very long an… read more
I noticed a sore, or scrape on my canaries leg. He has been
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I noticed a sore, or scrape on my canaries' leg. He has been sitting at the bottom of his cage, and I thought it was a bit of strawberry that I had given to him. I sprayed him as I usually do when I a… read more
we have a 2 year old canary who just recently has shown signs
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
we have a 2 year old canary who just recently has shown signs of a balance problem. he sits at the bottom of his cage and only sometimes comes up on his dish for food and water. this has been going on… read more
I found my canary sitting at the bottom of his cage this
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
I found my canary sitting at the bottom of his cage this morning... I put some food and water at the bottom and he was eating and drinking.. He has risen to a perch now but lifting his left lef … read more
My canary is ten years old and he has taken to sitting in the
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My canary is ten years old and he has taken to sitting in the bottom of his cage and actually sits with his feet in his dish of seed very often. I'm concerned it is because of sore feet or legs.… read more