Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
They are shaking and panting, Blossom and Buttercup. I have
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Blossom and Buttercup. I have had them for five days. This is my first time with ducks. … read more
provided him with many toys, perches, branches to chew..beak trimmed
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a male princess of wales. I have provided him with many toys, perches, branches to chew on. He will not use any of these to keep his beak trimmed. It is getting rather lon. I am concerned that … read more
cockatiel: year old female..her perch..throwing..her cage fluffed
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a nine year old female cockatiel who over the years has had what appears to be a fit she falls off her perch and spreads her wings while throwing her head back. someone said it might be lack of… read more
i have a red collared lorikeet and it has been rubbing his
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
i have a red collared lorikeet and it has been rubbing his eyes and also lost the orange colour in them it hasn't happened to my other birds what is it and how to fix it… read more
I have just had one of my 12 rainbow lorikeets die needlessly
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have just had one of my 12 rainbow lorikeets die needlessly and tragically owing to my mistake of allowing them to have some of these bird hammocks. I gave these and then thought better of it so rem… read more
my lorikeet cant fly co-ordination has got worse, he falls
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my lorikeet cant fly co-ordination has got worse, he falls off his perch and makes no attempt to fly he has eaten less in the past day. what is wrong with him… read more
I have a yellow napped green amazon - he has moved from his
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a yellow napped green amazon - he has moved from his perch and stays on the bottom of his cage - he is over 50 years old not moving and extremely quiet - his feathers are not ruffled - is he at… read more
Hi I have a lorikeet in a cage and have had him for 5 years
Dr. Dan
Hi I have a lorikeet in a cage and have had him for 5 years now I have noticed he keeps jumping around real quick as though something is biting and annoying him He keeps flicking his wings and nipping… read more
i have 4 parakeets and have had a prob with nats because of
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
i have 4 parakeets and have had a prob with nats because of the fruit i give them. i have one keet that is itching around the rectum and my keet has lost most of it's feathers in that area..my others … read more
My 14 year old parakeet suddenly has difficulty balancing and
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
My 14 year old parakeet suddenly has difficulty balancing and moving from perch to perch in his cage. He won't perch on his food and water cups and when sitting on a perch he is very low to the perch … read more
lorikeet: breeding pair that love..my female..extremely weak
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have two rainbow lorikeets. They are a breeding pair that love each other very much. Today my female lorikeet has gone extremely weak, head tiltin strongly to one side and her body is kinda jerking.… read more
budgie: He staggers on the perch..begun..cage he was in
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a 2-3 year old cock budgie who appears to be drunk. He staggers on the perch and sometimes falls over. He's been getting worse over the last week and has now begun to fly crazily around the cag… read more
I have a lorikeet with a badly mauled wing. He has been on
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
I have a lorikeet with a badly mauled wing. He has been on antibiotics and painkillers for the past five days but he is now refusing any attempts to get more of these medicines into him. He is breathi… read more
I have a 9 year-old budgie, Cookie. He is very unsteady and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a 9 year-old budgie, Cookie. He is very unsteady and cannot stay on his perch without flipping over or falling. At the bottom of the cage there is evidence of runny stool. His cagemate, Daisy, … read more
Hi I have two Pionus Maximilian parrots. I have had them for
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
Hi I have two Pionus Maximilian parrots. I have had them for over a year now and they are fantastic. I cleaned them out as normal this morning and one of them is all fluffed up. At first I thought I h… read more
parrot: perch..his beak or sits on the shelf in the cage he looks well
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
hi i have a superb parrot his (i call them elbows) are sowlen and he cant sit on a perch he hangs on the wire by his beak or sits on the shelf in the cage he looks well but its the second one that thi… read more
I have a cherry check conure, he was orginally a resue but
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Etiquette consultant
I have a cherry check conure, he was orginally a resue but i have had him for 4 years now. Only i can handle him (or be anywhere near him), toys take years for him to get used to and he loves his seed… read more
Hi i have a pair of lutino lorikeets and recently they had
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi i have a pair of lutino lorikeets and recently they had their first young he is approx 3 months old and i still have him housed with the parents as i have no spare cage space left. In the past mont… read more