Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
Hi, I have a very large cockerel with a very loud crow, we
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
Hi, I have a very large cockerel with a very loud crow, we live in a small village with other cockerels around but none as loud and unfortunately someone has made a complaint to the council and we hav… read more
I have a Silkie cockerel with a big, horrific-looking, open
Andrea Scheer
Andrea Scheer, Mixed Animal Veterinarian
I have a Silkie cockerel with a big, horrific-looking, open and draining sore/cyst/growth on his back. The cockerel has been suffering with this open sore for three weeks now. I've tried draining it (… read more
We have inherited 12 chickens and 5 cockerells and know nothing
Deb Jankura
Deb Jankura, Veterinarian
We have inherited 12 chickens and 5 cockerells and know nothing except what we have read and are still learning. We believe they are all several years old. One of our chickens appears to have a deform… read more
chickens: puffy..other looking cloudy he has puffed..walks
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have noticed that one of my 7 chickens which is a cockerel is looking very poorly, I introduced 3 new chickens a week ago, but they seemed to be fine. One of his eyes is puffy and the other looking … read more
chickens: as pets..healthy..thinner..she generally eats
Andrea Roberts
Andrea Roberts, veterinary surgeon
Hi, I have 3 chickens as pets. My two (cockerel and hen) are big and healthy but the other hen has always been smaller. She has been getting increasingly thinner even though she generally eats more th… read more
I think my chickens have mites on their legs. They are very
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I think my chickens have mites on their legs. They are very scaly. My rooster seems to be bothered the most by it. What is the very best treatment for this. I've been looking on line somewhat and read… read more
I have incubated 11 chickens 8 days ago yesterday one chick
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have incubated 11 chickens 8 days ago yesterday one chick seems to be wanting to sleep all the time and has some interest in food ,the other chicks are fine and the chicks have had no contact with t… read more
I have a small flock of purebred chickens. Very healthy. I
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a small flock of purebred chickens. Very healthy. I just got 9 3 month old cockerels and of course quarantined them. They had been stressed for 3 days traveling by car here. First day here one … read more
Hi, I have a very sick chicken (ex battery, had her since Feb)
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
Hi, I have a very sick chicken (ex battery, had her since Feb) and don't know what to do with her. I am seeing conflicting advice on forums between olive oil and vinegar.... she appeared to half lay a… read more
We have a chicken that has a foot that is turned under and
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
We have a chicken that has a foot that is turned under and might be swollen-- it was born that way and the chicken gets around but we are worried … read more
I think that I have a chicken who ate a poisonous plant, is
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I think that I have a chicken who ate a poisonous plant, is there anything to do for the chicken? It has been very weak and lethargic for 3 days now… read more
Hi we have two new chickens, one has just pecked the other
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
Hi we have two new chickens, one has just pecked the other very badly on her back and made a small hole in it, the injured chicken does not look good, what can i do, i have obviously seperated them. c… read more
When have 30 chickens that we have moved to the outside. We
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
When have 30 chickens that we have moved to the outside. We have lost two chickens so far. They are all female non laying egg chickens. We have done this for three years with hens and rosters. This is… read more
we have two chickens and one of them has lost some feathers
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
we have two chickens and one of them has lost some feathers leaving bear skin which is very red ,the other one seems to be ok .we have used mite powder several times but no sign of recovery yet ,this … read more
we have one or two chickens in our flock who seem to have diarrhea.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
we have one or two chickens in our flock who seem to have diarrhea. i am concerened about the other chickens in flock. we did have one die this week. i assumed it was from the first heat wave this sum… read more
Hi, hope you can help, we have a variety of chickens, pekin
Andrea Scheer
Hi, hope you can help, we have a variety of chickens, pekin bantys etc.. We seem to have one (WE THINK ), that has producing eggs with a fair amount of blood in the white of the egg itself..... Do you… read more
i have a sharmo cockerel who seems unwell he sits down and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i have a sharmo cockerel who seems unwell he sits down and holds his head back and shake it from one side to the other l… read more
I have a leghorn rooster (cockerel) that has frostbite on
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Wildlife Veterinarian
I have a leghorn rooster (cockerel) that has frostbite on tips of comb and wattles. We are in PA (it was a low of -2 and high of about 15 all week). There are 7 hens and 1 cockerel in the unheated coo… read more