Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
birds: hatched..mother come back to feed if we just leave the nest
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
a nest of baby robins was dislodged. only one of the three hatched birds is alive. Will the mother come back to feed if we just leave the nest with the bird in it on the ground?… read more
I have a hummingbird nest with 2 eggs and I have confirmed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a hummingbird nest with 2 eggs and I have confirmed that the mother has for some reason abandon the eggs. They have been unattended for at least 2 week now. The nest is beautiful and so delicat… read more
birds: in the backyard that have been abandoned by their mother
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
There are two baby birds in the backyard that have been abandoned by their mother. There were three when we first noticed them, and one has already died. Is there anything we can do for them, or are t… read more
we have a robins nest in our tree. it has 3 eggs in it and
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
we have a robins nest in our tree. it has 3 eggs in it and the mother has been sitting on the eggs for a week or so. i just checked on them and the mother looks to be dying. what do i do?… read more
There is a bird (I beleive it is a Robin) tapping on my bedroom
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
There is a bird (I beleive it is a Robin) tapping on my bedroom window with its feet and sometimes its beak. It appears to be trying to get in. I have a dark blue curtain on the white window and I've … read more
i found a baby bird on my window sill and i do not know what
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i found a baby bird on my window sill and i do not know what to do? should i go out there and feed him and i was looking at him and he only has one foot.… read more
I have been closely watching four baby robins that hatched
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have been closely watching four baby robins that hatched in a nest built just outside my bedroom window. Yesterday they were 13 days old. I opened the window to get a picture of them and scared them… read more
Help please! I recently rescued a baby American robin that
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Help please! I recently rescued a baby American robin that fell from his nest and was abandoned. I have had him almost a week now and for the past couple days he has been sneezing and then this mornin… read more
bird: signs to look..pooped there quite a bit..puffed up
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
what are the signs to look for in a bird for bird flu? I seem to have a jay bird that is on my window sill and won't move. It has pooped there quite a bit so it has been there for a while and looks al… read more
Hi,I have 10 parakeets in one flight cage. 2 of them just
Dr. Christina
Dr. Christina, Small Animal Veterinary Internist
Hi, I have 10 parakeets in one flight cage. 2 of them just hatched babies. One of the mothers has abandoned her baby. I noticed that the baby seems to have a deformed leg. The mom has kicked her out o… read more
We have an abandoned hummingbird next in our yard with two
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
THIS IS URGENT! We have an abandoned hummingbird next in our yard with two babies in it -- just the beginning of feathers. We have been dropping a mixture of water and crushed bread three times a day … read more
She may go in after I go to bed but she is always out around 6.30am
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My cockateils have 8 eggs, this is their first batch, the dad is happy to sit on the eggs all day but the mother appears reluctant to do the night shift. She may go in after I go to bed but she is alw… read more
I have two bushes. One has Robins nest with four eggs. Last
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
I have two bushes. One has Robins nest with four eggs. Last year we had a nest with three eggs. They hatched One day I look in and a snake was curled up in the nest. Two birds were dead and the was on… read more
finches: pet..eggs and 5 babies hatched from them..feed..until tuesday
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
I have a pet finches and one of the Finches recently laid eggs and 5 babies hatched from them. But yesterday the mother seemed to lose interest in her babies, as she doesn't feed them nor sleep with t… read more
eave of my porch..left the nest today, it is half the size and alone
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
There is a morning dove in an eave of my porch whose mother appears to have abandoned. Small than its sibling, who just left the nest today, it is half the size and alone. The mother was not there las… read more
There is a baby dove abandoned by its mother for at least 24
Dr. Dan
There is a baby dove abandoned by its mother for at least 24 hours in a planter hanging on my patio..how can I nelp this bird… read more
Hi, my tangerine doves babies keep dying. we have had 4 babies,
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
Hi, my tangerine doves babies keep dying. we have had 4 babies, three eggs, one live one. Three of those just died in the egg and the other one, the live one lived for about a week and he was just sta… read more
I have a robin that keeps flying into my patio door window
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have a robin that keeps flying into my patio door window He has been doing it for 4 days now and won't stop. I have put things on the window and also closed my drapes and he won't stop. I"m going cr… read more