Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
- patient 16 year old female Blue and Gold macaw - problem
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
- patient: 16 year old female Blue and Gold macaw - problem: compulsive feather chewing - medical condition: bird examined by 2 local avian vets , no major medical conditions found, no medical reason … read more
parrot: 12 years old..feathers.. aspect by changing her toys..perch
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My parrot is a female Blue & Gold Macaw 12 years old who I have had since she was 3yrs old but she will insist on plucking her breast feathers. I've tried to deal with the 'boredom' aspect by changing… read more
I have a blue and gold macaw who is 40 years old. She
Dr G
Dr G, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
I have a blue and gold macaw who is 40 years old. She occasionally lays eggs but I have noticed a small bulge by her cloaca. It is soft to the touch and she does not like it when you touch it. What co… read more
My Blue and Gold Macaw who is 2 years old has recently become
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
My Blue and Gold Macaw who is 2 years old has recently become unstable. She seems to be having problems getting on a perch almost as if she was going to fall. She scawaks every few mintues and its not… read more
blue and gold macaw: sitting on the bottom of the cage..comfortable
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have a 29 year old blue and gold macaw, who apparently injured her neck. She is sitting on the bottom of the cage - I moved her there from the side - with her neck twisted to the side. She can rota… read more
I have a blue and gold macaw who is approx. 26years old. she
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold macaw who is approx. 26years old. she has had a nasal discharge for quite a few months. Sometimes it can be quite heavy and discolored. She lives in my garage...not in a cage...… read more
I have a one year old blue and gold Macaw. She sounds like
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have a one year old blue and gold Macaw. She sounds like she is breathing very heavey. Sounds like she has a cold. What should I do?. No vet close to our home.… read more
I have a Blue & Gold Macaw who will be 17 in Feb. She has never
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I have a Blue & Gold Macaw who will be 17 in Feb. She has never been near a male but the other night she laid an egg (unfertilized) I have had her all her life and this is a first time she has done th… read more
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i own a 40 yr old blue and gold macaw and i thought she had a cold but she is very weak and has even thrown up a little.... she does not feel hot or too cold ....is there anything we can give her? wha… read more
I have a blue and gold Macaw 6 years old. He is fed Laffbers
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold Macaw 6 years old. He is fed Laffbers pellets for parrots (refuses to eat the macaw type throws them out of the cage) He gets a sulfate free dried fruit mix and once a week a se… read more
My blue and gold macaw is 18 years old. She has been throwing
Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, DVM
My blue and gold macaw is 18 years old. She has been throwing up her food which is not usual for her especially throwing up and bobbing her head in front of me. She ate good this am and fair tonight. … read more
i have a blue and gold macaw 5 years old looking depressed
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
i have a blue and gold macaw 5 years old looking depressed and fluffed this morning can still fly the lenght of the avairy 6 mt new wire on the avairy but did leave to weather for quite awhile before … read more
I have a blue and gold macaw, three years old and she has fluffy
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold macaw, three years old and she has fluffy feathers from me being away for three weeks at the hospital. she has new feathers on her wings and a bald spot on her chest. What do I … read more
blue and gold macaw: started plucking his back feathers..wings
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a blue and gold macaw who has started plucking his back feathers and under his wings and legs only. I have been usins Avain Solution and keeping his light on 5 hours and day. He is 21 years old… read more
Blue and gold macaw: has one eye closed and the other open
Dr:D
Dr:D, DVM
Blue and gold macaw has one eye closed and the other open. When she does open that eye I see a milky film over the eye. This started suddenly as earlier in the day all was fine. Talked to person famil… read more
My blue and gold macaw is having breathing problems wheezing
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My blue and gold macaw is having breathing problems wheezing and sneezing, she has no energy, please can you advise.… read more
I have a blue and gold macaw that Ive had for the past sixteen
Dr. Gregg
Dr. Gregg, Dr. Of Veterinary Medicine
I have a blue and gold macaw that I've had for the past sixteen years and he's about sixteen years old. He has recently developed bare patches in his arm pits, I mean "wing pits". He is not feather pl… read more
My Blue and Gold Macaw has lobored breathing and some nasal
Dr. Dan
My Blue and Gold Macaw has lobored breathing, spitting up now and then like a flem, seems to be weak and can't stand. Just started tonight. Is there anything I can do?… read more