Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My chook is not well. Her comb is very pale, not eating or
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi, my chook is not well. Her comb is very pale, not eating or drinking, very lethargic. Can still stand and is like she can't/doesn't want to sit. … read more
chickens: s comb was bleeding this AM..cause is frost bite or injury
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
my NewHampshire Red hen's comb was bleeding this AM when I let the chickens out of their coop. I have a heat lamp because it was very cold and windy last night. First do you think the cause is frost b… read more
Hi....I think my chicken is unwell and wondered if you could
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi....I think my chicken is unwell and wondered if you could help. The past 2 days she isn't coming out of the coop, and her comb is looking paler than the chicken we have with her. She keeps putting … read more
One of my chooks is not looking well. She has lost weight,
Expert, bird veterinarian
One of my chooks is not looking well. She has lost weight, is lethargic and her comb has drooped and lost mass and colour. She seems free of external parasites but don't know what else to look for. Wh… read more
Our chicken is in the nesting box of her coop for 2 days.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Our chicken is in the nesting box of her coop for 2 days. Not eating or coming out. She looks healthy. She is sitting, not standing. Seems to be breathi g fine. Her voice sounds are different. Quieter… read more
Hi, We have a sick chicken. She is sitting in her coop and
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, We have a sick chicken. She is sitting in her coop and won't come out. She makes a groaning noise when you come near her. She has been like this for the past 4 days. she will eat if you put food i… read more
One of my chickens is walking bow legged and her comb has turned
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
One of my chickens is walking bow legged and her comb has turned dark instead of the usual red. She was waddling instead of waking straight today. She is currently got her head tucked back under at he… read more
My chicken is showing signs of lethargy, not eating much, dark
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My chicken is showing signs of lethargy, not eating much, dark parts in her lower comb, and is pooping out mostly urates. She has recently been on an oral course of antibiotics and was recently wormed… read more
The comb on one of my ex battery hens has gone from bright
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
The comb on one of my ex battery hens has gone from bright red to a pale pink and she seems very listless and slow to eat. What can I do to improve her health?… read more
Hen has lump on rhs of face her comb is droopy and she seems
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hen has lump on rhs of face her comb is droopy and she seems a bit lethargic can you help?… read more
Tuesday the 24th in the evening I found my chicken with
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Tuesday the 24th in the evening I found my chicken with right eye closed and not coming out of Cluckingham Palace (coop) eating or drinking. I brought her in for the night and in the morning found gre… read more
Just noticed that my pullet has a dark blue wart/cyst on one
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Just noticed that my pullet has a dark blue wart/cyst on one side of her wattle, and a tiny dark spot on her comb. I keep the coop very clean.Can you help? She seems fine otherwise.… read more
hens: water system so that their water is always cool and clean
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I got three backyard hens to help out with my compost. That's turning out just fine. I purchased a coop, feeder and a water system so that their water is always cool and clean. My problem is they star… read more
I found one of my leghorns(I had 2) dead in the coop yard,on
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I found one of my leghorns(I had 2) dead in the coop yard,on her side beneath the coop-the other 5 hens were out and about in the back yard and were unperturbed and seemed not to notice the expired he… read more
my 3 chickens have large bald patches, red skin and broken
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
my 3 chickens have large bald patches, red skin and broken feathers. I have washed and washed the coop and dusted them with a sulphur smelling stuff from the pet place at least 4 times and let them fr… read more
hens: my black..anal..rescued..years ago she had a drooping comb..pet
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
my black rock chook has a large long growth close to the anal region. when i rescued her a couple of years ago she had a drooping comb and it has always been like this. she is quite a flighty bird com… read more
I have had three of my red hens died; Ive noticed prior to
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
I have had three of my red hens died; I've noticed prior to their death that their comb and whaddles ? turn quite dark and their behavior is that they separate from the rest of the hens… read more
Just found my 10 month old Australorp dead in the coop! She
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Just found my 10 month old Australorp dead in the coop! She was perfectly fine yesterday. Did not want to come out to free-range this afternoon & mostly just sat when she did. 2 hours later - dead! Ve… read more