Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a duck and two chickens. One of the chickens attacked
Dr_Kitty
Dr_Kitty, Bird Veterinarian
I have a duck and two chickens. One of the chickens attacked the duck and her left eye is all but gone. I have sequestered the duck and she seems to be okay but the eye might become infected. What sho… read more
We have had problems with many of our chickens dying...they
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
we have had problems with many of our chickens dying...they begin to waddle, lethargic, usually one of their leg seems to be lame, their toes curl under and they finally cant walk and die pretty quick… read more
My Americana chicken, approx 4 years old, has swollen thighs,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My Americana chicken, approx 4 years old, has swollen thighs, tucked tail and is waddling like a duck. Several days of tetracylcene didn't change it (we tried this when the only symptom was the tucked… read more
One of my chickens is walking bow legged and her comb has turned
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
One of my chickens is walking bow legged and her comb has turned dark instead of the usual red. She was waddling instead of waking straight today. She is currently got her head tucked back under at he… read more
Hi, I have a sick chicken. Her comb is floppy, she is puffed
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
Hi, I have a sick chicken. Her comb is floppy, she is 'puffed up' and her legs are wide apart and she is 'waddling'. She is still eating and drinking. She had diarrhea which appears to have stopped, b… read more
My chicken has a large red swollen area between her vent and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My chicken has a large red swollen area between her vent and her legs. She has trouble walking and kind of waddles (more than usual). I don't believe it's a prolapsed vent - nothing hanging our of ven… read more
can ducks survive with only one leg a fox pulled her leg off
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
can ducks survive with only one leg? a fox pulled her leg off in the night she as survived. but for how long… read more
One of my ducks seems to not be able to use one of her
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi! One of my ducks seems to not be able to use one of her legs very well. I set her down and she flails on one side seeming like she can't get up. I have to support her in order for her to stand up. … read more
My nine year old hen has a swollen abdomin and waddles like
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My nine year old hen has a swollen abdomin and waddles like a duck. She green & white diharrea. I thought maybe she was egg bound but she hasn't layed eggs in years. She eats & drinks but seems to be … read more
chickens: pet..often stands on one leg, or sits..limps when she walks.
ALLDVM
ALLDVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
One of our pet chickens seems to have leg or foot pain. She now often stands on one leg, or sits, while the other chickens never sit, except when roosting at night. She also limps when she walks. I wa… read more
One of my hens has a very bloated belly - tight like a
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Hi one of my hens has a very bloated belly - tight like a balloon and is waddling … read more
My chicken has a swollen belly, is sunken in gate - almost
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
My chicken has a swollen belly, is sunken in gate - almost waddling, has runny yellow poos, but seems alert and eating well. She had a mess on her vent area, so I held her in some warm water for 5 min… read more
One of my chickens crowns and waddles. Turned purple and she
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
One of my chickens crowns and waddles. Turned purple and she is acting strange. What could be wrong?… read more
One of our pekin ducks seems very weak in the legs and is dragging
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
One of our pekin ducks seems very weak in the legs and is dragging her tail end, she is reluctant to stand. She is quacking and otherwise seems happy. I would liken it to tick paralysis, but we cannot… read more
I have chicken who has been very wobbly on her feet and now
Fiona Steel
Fiona Steel, Veterinarian
I have chicken who has been very wobbly on her feet and now will not get up. her head is wobbling around and she will not open her eyes now. I realise that she will probably not survive but am curious… read more
chicken: trouble walking..wobbly on her legs and they seem splayed.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi there. We have a 2 year old chicken who is having trouble walking. She is very wobbly on her legs and they seem splayed. She is still eating and getting about slowly and her dropping seem normal. W… read more
Hello One of my ducks dislocated her leg yesterday and I would
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
Hello One of my ducks dislocated her leg yesterday and I would like to know how to treat. Also, the other 2 ducks are staying close by to the injured and not eating. A friend said to me that they coul… read more
one of my chickens seems to have some form of eye infection
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
one of my chickens seems to have some form of eye infection she just sits there curled up she is eating slower than the rest and i spot her opening her mouth alot she is eating a little could she be b… read more