Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
Hi My Alexandrine - 3 years old, male and hand reared he
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Hi My Alexandrine - 3 years old, male and hand reared he has a large cage and is let out daily to fly in the house occasionally recently and twice today he has been in his cage and suddenly he will dr… read more
Male alexandrine parrot 4 years old only recently looks very
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Veterinarian
Male alexandrine parrot 4 years old only recently looks very scruffy around the neck and head.. He is very active, talks and whistles alot.. but I am concerned.… read more
I have just bought a hand reared alexandrine that was placed
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have just bought a hand reared alexandrine that was placed back in the avery when weaned. To tame her right down should I have her in a very llarge patio cage or a smaller cage that will fit inside … read more
My parrot is infected with fecal parasites. Alexandrine
Yankmedic911
Yankmedic911, Bird Veterinarian
he is just having these fecal parasites, eating less food. and doing tiny poops… read more
My alexandrine parrot is plucking his feathers out. I have
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My alexandrine parrot is plucking his feathers out. I have given him toys to play with and extra food.… read more
Hi, I have been given an Alexandrine parrot who is approximately
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, I have been given an Alexandrine parrot who is approximately 2 years old. It sustained an injury whilst young (a broken wing) and is unable to fly. If it tries to move quickly it seems to trip ove… read more
I have had an African Grey parrot for 6 years. He/she is hand-reared
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have had an African Grey parrot for 6 years. He/she is hand-reared and I have always handled him/her. Speaks in my voice as well. A few months ago we also got 2 Yorkie puppies and one a bit older fr… read more
Hallo My daughter owns an Alexandrine parrot less than two
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hallo My daughter owns an Alexandrine parrot less than two years old. About a month ago he started loosing feathers. The breeder assured us it is part of the bird growing up and it is early summer. We… read more
Good Evening We purchased a hand raised male eclectus parrot
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
Good Evening We purchased a hand raised male eclectus parrot that was 3 months old. He has bonded with myself (female), but is very aggressive towards my husband and 3year old son. My husband has spen… read more
parrotlet: four year old..Yesterday he was out his cage in the morning
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a four year old celestrial parrotlet hand reared . Yesterday he was out his cage in the morning and flying normally. I took out again in the evening and he can't fly. He is aware that he can't … read more
I have a white-eyed Conure parrot who is about 20 years old
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a white-eyed Conure parrot who is about 20 years old or so. Usually active, but not allowed out of the cage, he has begun sitting at the bottom corner of his cage, though does come up to his fo… read more
Hi, I live in S.Africa and have an 18 month old hand reared
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, I live in S.Africa and have an 18 month old hand reared Senegalese Parrot. He has always been a healthy , happy fellow until about 10 days age he started tapping his right foot on the ground and o… read more
i have a alexandrine parrot i have noticed in the last day
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i have a alexandrine parrot i have noticed in the last day or so when i have been playing with him he has alot of saliva in his mouth is this normal as i have never seen this before regards nick… read more
I have a maximillian pionus parrot. I was told he was a 5
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I have a maximillian pionus parrot. I was told he was a 5 year old dna sexed a male. His behavior is very strange, about a month ago he started shredding the newspaper on his playpen. He is presenting… read more
My budgie is about 3 weeks old. It eats 3 times a day a parrot
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My budgie is about 3 weeks old. It eats 3 times a day a parrot hand rearing mix. But it never looks satisfied after feeds. It chirps a lot and make a lot of feeding actions after the crop is filled. I… read more
I have a hand reared cockateil ( weiro) it is only 11 weeks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a hand reared cockateil ( weiro) it is only 11 weeks old about 2 days ago it flew into some spilt industrial strength hand cleaner , I immediately washed it off but today it has been quiet and … read more
hello I have an Alexandrine parrot. His name is XXXXX XXXXX
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
hello I have an Alexandrine parrot. His name is XXXXX XXXXX i love him heaps he is amazing and has bought so much joy to my life. We have had him for 2 years (since he was 7 weeks old). We have found … read more
african grey parrot: that flew out the door of the house
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have an african grey parrot that flew out the door of the house and I need to know is it a parrots instinct to come back home once flying off?… read more