Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
poultry: signs..protruding keel bone but its not always protruding
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I am new to poultry inspection and am having some trouble in distinguishing Septicemia in poultry, under our guidelines a bird must have 2 or more symptoms to condemn for septicemia, I know there are … read more
I am having trouble with my chickens suddenly becoming ill.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I am having trouble with my chickens suddenly becoming ill. There is few symptoms- the sick birds always have missing feathers on their backs, but I'm not sure if that is due to molting and/or rooster… read more
to whom it may concern I am seeking advise on treatment for
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
to whom it may concern I am seeking advise on treatment for tick fever in poultry, I have a young cock bird Bantam, that has been confirmed by a vet to have tick fever, the vet was only young & did no… read more
Beautiful healthy hen suddenly acts blind. Eating and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Beautiful healthy hen suddenly acts blind. Eating and drinking well (with help getting to bowl). Have given poultry drench etc. no signs of illness. Beautiful healthy feathers. Was vaccinated as day o… read more
I am new to poultry and our new farm is graced with 60 exotic
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
I am new to poultry and our new farm is graced with 60 exotic chicks and 60 guineas,9 peacock I only had one 3month rooster ,sicilian buttercup,not eat well or drink well.after 2 weeks on baytril,then… read more
I was wondering if someone could answer a question about Infectious
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I was wondering if someone could answer a question about Infectious Coryza in Poultry. I have some birds that have had the symptoms and were brought to the vet and given a shot. One died before I even… read more
i work in a commercial poultry house and the owner has told
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
i work in a commercial poultry house and the owner has told me the birds have ms and it is contagious i have been having a lot of upper respirtory problems can i be infected and what are symptoms… read more
I have a mixed poultry flock of standard, bantams, a couple
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I have a mixed poultry flock of standard, bantams, a couple of peacocks and 2 turkeys. 13 birds total. I've had birds for 9 years now but this past year have experienced mortality in about 5 bantams w… read more
My macaw is SICK! :( HELP! It's Sunday and I have no clue
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My macaw is SICK! :( HELP! It's Sunday and I have no clue where to go....We live in Iowa and there's no exotic bird care around here unless I drive to Omaha which I can't do until tomorrow.... She is … read more
I have a sick peacock (pet bird) who appears to have a respiratory
Dr. Coldiron
Dr. Coldiron, Owner/Veterinarian
I have a sick peacock (pet bird) who appears to have a respiratory problem. I have given her aureomycin in her water for two weeks, but she seems no better. She has now been inside, with a domestic he… read more
can cockatiel birds have a stroke I have a 22 yr old bird and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
can cockatiel birds have a stroke I have a 22 yr old bird and he is haveing trouble walking and staying on the perch he keeps falling to one side… read more
I am having problems working out if our poultry have contracted
Dr. Elaine
Dr. Elaine, Veterinarian
I am having problems working out if our poultry have contracted Merkes disease or if it is a disease of another nature, the symptoms are flicking of the head continuously some get ill and pass light g… read more
I have a small quail farm of 3000 birds. Notice loose stool
Dr. MD Stafford
Dr. MD Stafford, Veterinarian
I have a small quail farm of 3000 birds. Notice loose stool and some birds dying. Treating water with amprolium. Have treated for 5 days but still notice loose stool. Is there any other treatment that… read more
poultry: stopped laying, are losing their feathers..scratch mix
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
As a first time poultry owner I am worried that in the last week they have stopped laying, are losing their feathers and refusing their scratch mix and greens. Both hens are about 16 months old have f… read more
I believe my bird is dying. I want to help him. I brought
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I believe my bird is dying. I want to help him. I brought him to the vet and the vet said he had liver disease. He is still eating and drinking. He sleeps most of the day. He sneezes and stretches his… read more
I have a bird and I noticed he is losing feathers around his
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hello, I have a bird and I noticed he is losing feathers around his eyes, slowly but gradually and I am not sure how to help him … read more
i have a chicken farm with 5000 and they have 1.5 sqfeet per
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
i have a chicken farm with 5000 and they have 1.5 sqfeet per bird,and start dying at 5cc weeks old and its not the heat,from my obsevation what can cause this… read more
hi i have a cocketeil and he is sick he has runny poo and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
hi i have a cocketeil and he is sick he has runny poo and all the symptoms of a sick bird what ccan i feed him to harden the poo up and should i take him to the vet i dont want to spend too much money… read more