Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My Blue and GOld is 4 and we just moved to a new home. She
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My Blue and GOld is 4 and we just moved to a new home. She has been with my other bird at the old house for 2 weeks. We feed and watered them 2 x a day but had very little interaction with them. The c… read more
We had two lovebirds and one got away. Yesterday we bought
Hawkedoc
Hawkedoc, Veterinarian
We had two lovebirds and one got away. Yesterday we bought a new mate for the remaining one but things are not going well - remaining one is very mean to new bird and does not allow him to eat or even… read more
we have a house sparrow that we rescued and has lived with
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
we have a house sparrow that we rescued and has lived with us since he was young. He lives on a few branches outside an aquarium - he doesn't like to be contained. Most times if he flew, which he did … read more
What are some potential causes of intermitent leg paralysis
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bird Veterinarian
My parrot is very lethargic, disoriented and has been having trouble using his right leg, it will slide off the perch or clench up, outstreched. His foot has done this randomly in the past but quickly… read more
We bought 2 lovebirds a few days ago. This particular one Im
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
We bought 2 lovebirds a few days ago. This particular one I'm writing about was about 7 weeks old. It started acting lethargic about 15 minutes ago, then it's legs stopped working, and it just died. W… read more
flys..top hitting all along the windows with her wings and bill
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
There is a female cardinal that for the last two weeks has been trying to get into my house. She perches on the window sills at every window along the back of the house and jumps up and hits the windo… read more
I have a lovebird who started itching and plucking the
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a lovebird who started itching and plucking the feathers around his tail. My Lovebird has been with me since he was a baby and he's been healthy, never had an illness or plucking problem. He ea… read more
My budgie is moving with a lot of difficulty since this morning.
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My budgie is moving with a lot of difficulty since this morning. It has not sat on its perch all day and has bee on the floor on its cage time through. Its tail keeps moving up and down as if its havi… read more
I have a very old (20+) lovebird who seems to be terminally
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a very old (20+) lovebird who seems to be terminally ill. This has been going on for 4 weeks now. We keep him warm. He eats but can't perch. His starting to get ulcers on his heels and possibly… read more
My 14 year old parakeet suddenly has difficulty balancing and
Dr. Hinson
Dr. Hinson, Associate Veterinarian
My 14 year old parakeet suddenly has difficulty balancing and moving from perch to perch in his cage. He won't perch on his food and water cups and when sitting on a perch he is very low to the perch … read more
Since moved to Florida from CT it seems my lovebird..6 years...
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Since moved to Florida from CT it seems my lovebird..6 years... has been sneezing more often. otherwise behavior seems normal. Maybe couple times a week. wet discharge then clears right up. I'm in apt… read more
Since yesterday my male lovebird has feces clutting on his
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Since yesterday my male lovebird has feces clutting on his bottom, he is trying to wash it, but new droppings get stuck again on some unruly fluffy feathers down there. He is not happy and a bit moody… read more
cockatiel: should not be kept outside, I will put in glass and heat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Iam moving to a new house in Texas. I was going to put two Cockatiels on a screened in porch,but after hearing you say they should not be kept outside, I will put in glass and heat and cool the porch.… read more
Bird has had an occasional problem perching as one talon curls
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Bird has had an occasional problem perching as one talon curls and he can't hold on. After a few moments he regains control and is back to normal. Is there anything we should do for him?… read more
We have had a rescue hen since Easter 010. She lives with 3
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have had a rescue hen since Easter 010. She lives with 3 Bantams in a new enclosure and house. To date she has been healthy and happy and laying daily. However, today she has not laid for the first… read more
Dr. Bob, I have a lovebird who started itching and
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Hi Dr. Bob, I have a lovebird who started itching and plucking the feathers around his tail. My Lovebird has been with me since he was a baby and he's been healthy, never had an illness or plucking pr… read more
We are new owners of a sun conure. Weve had him a few weeks
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We are new owners of a sun conure. We've had him a few weeks and everything has been fine. He woke up this morning and was listless and had brown diareha. We're having trouble finding a vet open this … read more
HiMy boy lovebird has been chewing under his wings for a
Dr. Taus
Dr. Taus, bird veterinarian
Hi My boy lovebird has been chewing under his wings for a few days so we took him to the vet as we noticed it was very red and raw in his wing pits, he also had problems taking off but not in flight. … read more