Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
My 5 year old africian Grey is not talking or making as much
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My 5 year old africian Grey is not talking or making as much noise as she did. I have tried to change her diet from seeds to pellets and she does not seem to be taking to that very well. She does seem… read more
I have just acquired a female red factor Africian Grey parrot.
Andrea Scheer
Andrea Scheer, Mixed Animal Veterinarian
I have just acquired a female red factor Africian Grey parrot. I think I have a real jewel here and want to make the most of it. What are the chance of getting red babies with a plain father? Obviousl… read more
12 year old..wings..has gone on now for ten minutes - she is breathing
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
our 12 year old conga grey just started making 'choking' sounds - wants to be held close - and has her wings out - this has gone on now for ten minutes - she is breathing okay but we don't know what t… read more
my africian grey is approx 36 years old and the past few days
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
my africian grey is approx 36 years old and the past few days I noticed that her right leg/claw appears to be swollen and she is having a hard time in the morning to walk. It is still swollen. What is… read more
We have an African Grey,"Rocky" about 38 years old. Last week
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
We have an African Grey,"Rocky" about 38 years old. Last week he started chewing on his toes of one foot, one toe is a nub from a previous injury many years ago & now it is getting shorter & bleeding … read more
I have an Africian Grey, I was away for a few weeks, she was
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have an Africian Grey, I was away for a few weeks, she was being watched by family. When I CAME home is was on bottom of cage, not eating much, feathers fluffed up around head and chest and sounded … read more
Parrot Question - Our 14 year old female Africian Grey Parrot
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
Parrot Question - Our 14 year old female Africian Grey Parrot got loose last night. She flew up high into the trees and would not come down. A family member got a BB Gun and fired into the tree to sca… read more
My African Grey jumped down from a counter the other
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
Hi, My African Grey jumped down from a counter the other day and I think she hurt her beak. I can't see any cracks, but it's sensitive because she's very careful about using it. My question is, will i… read more
My 15 year old African grey just ate a milk chocolate heart.
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My 15 year old African grey just ate a milk chocolate heart. It contains 11% cocoa. The heart was .37 ounces. We think he only ate half the heart and crumbled the rest. Do I need to be concerned and i… read more
African Grey was on my shoulder chewing at my collar but I
Dr. Rosol
Dr. Rosol, Associate Veterinarian
African Grey was on my shoulder chewing at my collar but I did not think much about it as she like ti chew on cloth edges once in a while. I noticed however that when I got up the little button that h… read more
I have a timneh African grey named sugar foot we noticed her
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a timneh African grey named sugar foot we noticed her wing was swollen one day and brought her to vet. Vet prescribed baytril 12mg which cleared it up but then when we took her off the baytril … read more
We have an 11 year old female pink and grey galah who has started
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
We have an 11 year old female pink and grey galah who has started laying eggs this year in August. Since then she has laid 13 eggs which I feel is excessive. About 4 months ago we rescued a baby galah… read more
I think she may have diarrhea, She is a 13 yr old African
Sophie Knafo
Sophie Knafo, DVM
Her poop is more watery than usual. I am wondering if it is normal in egg laying … read more
My 11 year old Timneh African grey has a sore foot. It is
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
My 11 year old Timneh African grey has a sore foot. It is red looks like it has been bleeding, and the scales look like they have fallen off. It looks like it might have started around his leg band. A… read more
Our African Greys foot appears to have been bitten ( ) by
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Small Animal/Avian Veterinarian
Our African Grey's foot appears to have been bitten (?) by our Maltese. I did not see it, and the Grey was in the cage, but as I came in the room, it appeared the dog had caught the bird's foot. Just … read more
Hi, i have an african grey and for the last 2 days she cant
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Hi, i have an african grey and for the last 2 days she cant seem to clutch anything with her right foot. when she walks, she is not putting the right leg down and shes gone very quite. Is it possible … read more
I have a cockatiel and she has a bite on her foot and it is
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
I have a cockatiel and she has a bite on her foot and it is a bit swollen and I spoke with a vet and they said to medicate it, it would be through a shot. Is that possible for such a small bird?… read more