Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. G.
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I am devastated because my beautiful 3-year old canary (male)
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Veterinarian
I am devastated because my beautiful 3-year old canary (male) died today. I had just covered his cage with a blanket when I heard this noise in the cage and when I pulled the blanket there was my Osca… read more
My canary stopped whistling after a finch died. Why
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I had 2 finches and a canary in one cage. The canary whistled beautifully. Three weeks ago the zebra finch died and the canary hasn't whistled since. What can I do to help the canary whistle?… read more
Have used Doxycycline (liquid) strength succesfully to treat
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Have used Doxycycline (liquid) strength? succesfully to treat chronic respiratory problems in canaries and bullfinches in the past,but am unable to accuire further supply.Please advice how to obtain s… read more
I have a whole flock of canaries that I believe have mites.
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a whole flock of canaries that I believe have mites. They are coughing, sneezing, clicking and one died and had blood coming from his beak. I live very, very rural with no avian veterinarian fo… read more
My canary is having respiratory distress ....about 2 weeks
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My canary is having respiratory distress ....about 2 weeks ......worse at night. ....some clicking ......sort of a squeek or a wheeze. I suspect air sack mites. Vet said not air sac mites because she … read more
Over the last 3 summers between the months of may & august
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Over the last 3 summers between the months of may & august all my border and fife canaries have died off ? the symptoms usually start with the birds having puffed up feathers ,followed by them being o… read more
H i,actually I have a problem with my 3 canaries.1male yello
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
H i,actually I have a problem with my 3 canaries.1male yello 1 fem.yello and 1 fem.red.the ed one keeps fighting with the other 2.I took here in tne finch avary and those finches are really into matin… read more
canary: I noticed his tail was going to one side..shedding them
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a canary that is about 3 years old. A couple weeks ago I noticed his tail was going to one side. He was moulting so I just thought he was shedding them. Just yesterday I noticed a Big Red Swoll… read more
My Mothers Canarie is at the bottom of the cage and I can see
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My Mothers Canarie is at the bottom of the cage and I can see that he is having a problem with his leg. One leg is round and pink and the other look's flater and lighter in color and I can see he can'… read more
I am not sure there is anything wrong. It is a male canary,
Dr B
Dr B, DVM
I am not sure there is anything wrong. It is a male canary, a little over a year old. I realize canaries will molt once per year. Is this too early for the bird to start a molt? He has been less activ… read more
I have a big problem right now with my canary she is hardly
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a big problem right now with my canary she is hardly breathinh and this all started from the eye problems , like her eyes are going very bad -it looks like the eyes area is growing or you canno… read more
I have had chickens for about a year....this is the second
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have had chickens for about a year....this is the second time that I have had an issue with mites. I have one that needs to be culled now as it has gone down hill fast. I need to treat...with what? … read more
Cockatiel: his cage and he likes to get on my shoulder..couch..rubbed
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
My name isXXXXX have a grey male Cockatiel, about 3 years old i think. I am his second home. On the weekends when I am home he is able to go in and out of his cage and he likes to get on my shoulder w… read more
finches: fine can you advise as to what may have been the cause please
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I had 2 Canaries and one was dead when we came down in the morning and the other died during the afternoon,we also have budgies a cockatiel and 4 finches and they are fine can you advise as to what ma… read more
Hello, I have canaries who are in the beginning of their breeding
EmergencyVets
EmergencyVets, Emergency Veterinarian /Medical Director
Hello, I have canaries who are in the beginning of their breeding season. I have one canary with 7 day old chicks and another pair with 1 four day old chick that she is refusing to feed. I have been h… read more
canary: swollen..treating..his legs with vaseline ( possible mites
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My canary has red and swollen ankles. He is having problems staying on his perches also. I am presently treating him for dry scales on his legs with vaseline ( possible mites?). Have purchased Scalex … read more
chickens: respiratory..treating them with high doses of baytril
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Several of my chickens seem to be suffering from respiratory problems. I am treating them with high doses of Baytril but for a while the infection gets better and then returns. Some have a very nasty … read more
I have aviary of birds and two had baby birds. one set hatched
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have aviary of birds and two Canaries laid eggs. one set hatched and where all doing well until i found them all dead in a stratght line at the edge of the aviary. I beleive they where murdered. We … read more