Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Margo
Dr. Margo
Dr. Margo, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
She seemed fine yesterday. Today, she seems not to have
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
She seemed fine yesterday. Today, she seems not to have strength and falls of her perch. She is at the bottom of the cage and doesn't seem to have enough strength on her own to get up to her perch. … read more
I have a 9 year old Quaker Parrot who no longer uses her perch
allpetsdr
allpetsdr, Veterinarian
I have a 9 year old Quaker Parrot who no longer uses her perch but sits on the bottom of her cage to sleep. She seems to be getting more unsteady on her perch, what could be wrong?… read more
Seems likes shes getting cramps in one foot. makes fist and
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
seems likes shes getting cramps in one foot. makes fist and growls keeps foot in fist. sometimes falls off perch. Her feet look fine. she is about 38 years old. No other changes! … read more
Our bird seems to have a balance problem and is falling over
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Our bird seems to have a balance problem and is falling over on its back. He seems strong but can no longer perch.… read more
I have a female cockatiel about 5 years old. She has been
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I have a female cockatiel about 5 years old. She has been falling off her perch and acting crippled at the bottom of the cage for a few seconds. She has been doing this randomly a couple time a day fo… read more
The bird is 8 years old. This started about six months ago
Dr. Angela
Dr. Angela, Veterinarian
The bird is 8 years old. This started about six months ago by occasionally falling from her perch. The weakness has progressed intill she is unable to climb or stand without holding on the the side of… read more
canary: year old male..grip the perch and spends most..wings
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Is there anything I can do for a 2 year old male canary who seems to have bad feet? He can not grip the perch and spends most of the day flapping his wings.… read more
My werro seems to have lost her balance, she seems to struggle
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My werro seems to have lost her balance, she seems to struggle to the point of sometimes falling off her perch in the last couple of days, please help, I hate to see her so disorientated....… read more
My cockatiel does not seem to be able to grip a perch with
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My cockatiel does not seem to be able to grip a perch with his feet any more. I have had him for 12 years and do not know his age (he was a "flyaway" from another family). He can still sit on his conc… read more
Love bird 12 years old way laying on her wing in the bottom
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
Love bird 12 years old way laying on her wing in the bottom of the cage. Is this a sign of some disease? … read more
My bird just passed away. She was having balance issues and
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
My bird just passed away. She was having balance issues and falling off her perch over the weekend. I got her to eat and she started to do better. Not completely though, as I noticed she was very slee… read more
My love bird looks ill. He was laying on the bottom of his
Expert, bird veterinarian
My love bird looks ill. He was laying on the bottom of his cage some, but is now back up on a perch. Is there anything I can do? I think it would be good to take his cage outside for fresh air? It has… read more
peach faced love bird: go poop..thrown..vet appointment..avian vet
Dr. Jaime
Dr. Jaime, Veterinarian
I have a 4 or 5 year old peach faced love bird (Sunny) that is straining as if she has to go poop. Her bottom is swollen, and expands each time she strains. And I think she may have thrown up, she has… read more
My parakeet seems to be unable to grip her perch anymore....We
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
My parakeet seems to be unable to grip her perch anymore....We have taken her to the vet and he has never seen anything like it before. Her feet do not wrap around anymore, they stick straight out. Th… read more
My bird is having trouble grasping her perch. She curls her
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
My bird is having trouble grasping her perch. She curls her feet. It looks like one of the joints on her one foot is swollen. What can I do?… read more
Hello,My pet starling (about 12 years old) is recently
Dr:D
Dr:D, DVM
Hello, My pet starling (about 12 years old) is recently falling off his perch whilst stretching and lands at the bottom of the cage where he gets these frenzied flapping attacks. (Sometimes he seems t… read more
My love bird caught foot in bedding. When I got her loose
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
My love bird caught foot in bedding. When I got her loose it was a dark color and portion of the claws were gone. Today, that whole piece is gone and it has been bleeding. What can I do? She appears t… read more
finches: cage..feathers/..s back end - constipation?) eats and drinks
Dr. G.
Dr. G., DVM
I have two finches and one is sick/weak/unable to fly to the perch/falls to the bottom of cage/lost some feathers/seems to have a problem excreting (seems sometimes stuck to bird's back end - constipa… read more