Bird Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified bird veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Kris
Dr. Kris
Dr. Kris, Bird Veterinarian

More related answers
All bird veterinarians are VERIFIED
I have a new quaker Parrot(rescue) who seems to be growing
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
I have a new quaker Parrot(rescue) who seems to be growing a beak under his regular beak. He is in good spirits otherwise, eating, flying, chirping, squaking, is this normal?… read more
My quaker parrots beak looks like it is bruised. I have heard
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Veterinarian, DABVP Canine/Feline
My quaker parrot's beak looks like it is bruised. I have heard this is an indication of a health problem. He gets seeds, pellets and fresh vegetables. Do I need to change his diet?… read more
I have a quaker parrot. Recently his beak is getting longer
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
I have a quaker parrot. Recently his beak is getting longer and it seams to me that he is not using his cuttle bone as much as in the past. What should I do? He is eating parrot food that I buy at the… read more
MY QUAKER PARROT HAS JUST DEVELOPED A PINK GROWTH ON THE TOP
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
MY QUAKER PARROT HAS JUST DEVELOPED A PINK GROWTH ON THE TOP OF IT'S BEAK, IS IT DANGEROUS TO IT? … read more
my quaker parrot has a small hole in its beak, near the top.
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M.
Dr. Heindel, D.V.M., Veterinarian
my quaker parrot has a small hole in its beak, near the top. is this beak rot? what can i do.… read more
Over 15 years ago my Quaker parrot hurt himself preening under
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Over 15 years ago my Quaker parrot hurt himself preening under one wing with his beak cutting himself because of his sharp beak. I took him to a vet that took care of the wing and placed a collar. He … read more
im a new bird owner of about 6 months now and i have a quaker
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
i'm a new bird owner of about 6 months now and i have a quaker parrot. I know birds molt but his beak is growing longer it looks like its regrowing at the end do birds "shed" their beaks and have regr… read more
my quaker parrot broke the tip off his beak and one side has
Dr. Amy
Dr. Amy, Associate Veterinarian
my quaker parrot broke the tip off his beak and one side has been growing faster then the other and i have used a dremil tool to grind it like the other side… read more
My 3 yr old quaker parrot has a lump under his beak - hes
Dr. Lisa
Dr. Lisa, Doctoral Degree
My 3 yr old quaker parrot has a lump under his beak - he's acting tired and having trouble with balance. Is there treatment for this or is it too late?… read more
our quaker parrot is about 6 years old...tonight he suddenly
Dr. Dan
our quaker parrot is about 6 years old...tonight he suddenly has a little blood coming out of the holes on his beak (his nose I guess?)...what should we do? I don't want a free trial..just an answer… read more
I have a quaker parrot and ever since we bought him his
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a quaker parrot and ever since we bought him his poo is green is that normal quaker parrot, hes fine he eats talk and sing and doesn't show any sign of illness . Should i worry? Thanks Mel… read more
My doublehead parrot who is 23 years old and always healthy,
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My doublehead parrot who is 23 years old and always healthy, has developed a malocclusion and her beak looks bad… read more
My mother has a 1yr 4 month old Quaker parrot. Recently he
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
My mother has a 1yr 4 month old Quaker parrot. Recently he began showing aggressive behavior when she goes to change his food and water dishes. He does bite her and screams. When she takes him out of … read more
my quaker parrot fluttered off his perch and hit his beak on
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
my quaker parrot fluttered off his perch and hit his beak on the floor. he has a small crack across the front of his beak and it bleed. i stopped the bleeding with that stipple powder and put pressure… read more
parrot: given antibiotics..be getting better but his poop
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
I have a quaker parrot who was recently sick and given antibiotics. He seems to be getting better but his poop really smells and is very loose, is there any thing I can do to eliminate the smell?… read more
our quaker parrot ran into a wall a while back and it appears
Dr. Dan
our quaker parrot ran into a wall a while back and it appears he reaggrevated a spot where his top beak meets his forward where he has a minor crack and minor bleeding (droplet). What would be recomme… read more
parrot: wobbly..feathers fluffed...i immediately checked..drink..moist
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
hi...day before yesterday i noticed that my 22 yr old Quaker parrot's beak looked oddly swollen and discolored...her eyes looked small and dull and she was quite wobbly, sitting with feathers fluffed.… read more
parrot: yr old..go he started loseing feather on the top of his head
Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
i have a 2 yr old quaker parrot , a mounth a go he started loseing feather on the top of his head, about the size of a dime, i took him to a vet. they did not know what it was.he eat ever thing that i… read more