Bariatrics

Have bariatric questions? Ask a bariatric Expert.

Ask a Doctor,

Went to a gastroenterologist and had upper endoscopy as well…

Customer Question
Went to a gastroenterologist and...
Went to a gastroenterologist and had upper endoscopy as well as colonscopy done , everything came back negative as in good no cancers etc but im.still.having this floating stool.problem whuch my doc says is due to diet and foods being gmo foods these days im worried maybe he missed soemtging to.do.with pancreas i read pancreas cancer symtpoms one of em is floating stools obviously it probably have progressed further allready if in fact i had this but ehat can be causing my floating very airy stools and what can i do to get normal bulky stools back
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Bariatrics
10/8/2017
Bariatric Physician: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Pancreatic cancer is not the only thing that presents with floating stools however, if you google floating stool causes I am sure you will find pancreatic cancer listed on the top because of the number of hits it gets from unwary google users.

Floating stools is not the only symptom of pancreatic cancer and it is definitely not the most consistent one either.

Central abdominal pain, mass in the abdomen, drastic weight loss, jaundice, lethargy, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite, clay colored stools, dark urine are other more consistent signs of pancreatic cancer and even the presence of these does not confirm it.

I would suggest that you get an upper abdominal ultrasound done to rule out gall bladder pathology and liver disease along with a pancreatic functions test done (blood test) to rule out other more common conditions that present with floating stools rather than worrying about pancreatic cancer at your age and without any symptoms of it.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Had all that done still no results of any disease what so ever

Alright, that still does not mean that you have pancreatic cancer. If you did, the tests would have picked up an anomaly. Having normal ultrasound and pancreatic function tests rules out pancreatic cancer.

So, rest assured.

Is your query answered?

If yes, please leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Not yet and I'm going to my general practitioner today, to check out these strange pains I keep having an all my torso they like deep and achy as well as I guess maybe haha which may be acid reflux but I'm taking a certain type of antibiotic for GERD I believe and one pill once a day and it's not really helping and it seems to get worse the pain when I talk or when I breathe and when I smoke so I'm worried that it's some type of cancer due to smoking cigarettes for the past 10-12 years extremely heavy compared to the 10 years prior, when I type my symptoms in on the WebMD Symptom Checker the fourth thing down on the list that comes up is lung cancer now that's when I put the pain being in my chest I'm not sure if this pain is in my chest or in my upper abdomen, is there any way you can send me some type of picture anatomy of the front torso showing where the chest ends and the abdomen starts cuz it seems my pain is right below my right PEC but towards the middle of my torso
Bariatric Physician: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Please let me know as to what question I can answer for you and I'm happy to help out.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Please click on "Rating" otherwise when ready.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD