Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I'm a 66 well female who's had IBS for 20 years, and

Customer Question

Hi:I'm a 66 well female who's had IBS for 20 years, and unfortunately, I don't break down soluble fibre very well (raw and some cooked vegetables and fruits) , and now whole grains insoluble fibre is bothering me as well. Needless to say, that the "bland diet" is most comfortable but of course it puts on weight significantly. Do you have any suggestions how to modify a bland diet for weight loss. I realize cooking my vegetables and even fruit will help, but I'd appreciate any other tips, meds or supplements. I do use a probiotic 3 times a week (Ultimate Flora).
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Have you heard of the FODMAP diet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hadn't heard of it, but I'm checking it out. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's very hard to get rid of belly fat without fibre.

You can still have fiber just not certain kinds

here is the best resource for FODMAP

http://fodmapliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Stanford-University-Low-FODMAP-Diet-Handout.pdf

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question. I strive for 5 star service for all customers. If you have more questions, just reply :)