Bariatrics

Have bariatric questions? Ask a bariatric Expert.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just inquiring about being on methadone maintenance…

Customer Question
I was just inquiring...

I was just inquiring about being on methadone maintenance program and wanting a gastric bypass if I was a candidate or not so I was just trying to read your stories and comments here

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have any known hormonal problems? And can you tell me about your eating habits?

No and i eat fruits veges meats and some sweets i generally eat once a day usually and nibble through the day on the days thats not once a dayy

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

What should i be doing to get approved for surgery and do i need ro be down to a certain milligram of methadone

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bariatrics
4/25/2017
Bariatric Physician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Many Bariatric surgeons will allow patients who are on methadone maintanence programs into a gastric bypass program

You need to be able to exercise as well and eat a low calorie diet

Let me know if you have questions