How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Bariatrics
Satisfied Customers: 4108
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Bariatrics Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago and am starting to

Customer Question

I had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago and am starting to gain most of the weight that I lost. I went out of the country to get the surgery because it was 45000 u.s dollars here. Can you find out for me who does revision from gastric bypass to Duodenal switch revision surgery. I can't afford to do it here in the U.S. So abroad is best. Oh and there are only a few world wide that actually can and have the experience doing this type of revision surgery thanks I hope to hear from you sooner than later !
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bariatrics
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr.Aren and i will help with your query.Such surgery is routinely performed in India in world class hospitals.New Delhi,Mumbai ,Bangalore are a few of the cities with excellent facilities for such surgeries by Experienced Gastroenterologist surgeons.The cost would be much below the amount stated by you. is a site with further information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's funny that's where I had my gastric bypass surgery
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

You would then be familiar with the expertise and quality of care ,and the savings are great too.