Bariatrics

Have bariatric questions? Ask a bariatric Expert.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter-in-law is suffering for upper abnominal pain. So…

Customer Question
my daughter-in-law is suffering for...
my daughter-in-law is suffering for upper abnominal pain. So excruciating that they are preparing to leave for the emergency room. The pain is also in her back. She says now she has been hurting for a couple of days - made worse if she moves around alot or does something very physical.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Bariatrics
6/28/2010
Bariatric Physician: Dr. Dan, Bariatric Physician (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Bariatric Physician (MD)
I agree with your daughter's plan to go to the emergency room for further evaluation. Symptoms like those she is experiencing can be due to one of several potentially life-threatening problems. Blood work and a CT scan can usually find the answer. Pancreatitis, gall bladder infection, stomach ulcers are just a few of the possible diagnoses.
Good luck,
Dr. Dan