Bankruptcy Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified bankruptcy lawyer who will answer your question

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

More related answers
All bankruptcy lawyers are VERIFIED
I own a C-Corp in Illinois. The "assets" are 2 taxi
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Hi,I own a C-Corp in Illinois. The "assets " are 2 taxi Medallions,valued at 120,000 combined and 1 car ,valued at $5000.But my medallions loan is $500,000,so Im totally "underwater".(the Medallions v… read more
Business BankruptcyHi,I own 2 taxi Medallions in Chicago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Juris Doctorate
Business BankruptcyHi,I own 2 taxi Medallions in Chicago (2 licenses to operate taxicabs).,they are on a LOAN ,debt are totaling $520000 .Thre's no Equity in the Medallions,sinceUBER came,the value of… read more
I have a C corporation which I own 100%. I have credit cards
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I have a C corporation which I own 100%. I have credit cards that are on this corporation and in the corporations name. They do not report or show on my personal credit report. If I declare bankruptsy… read more
I have a C corporation I fully own. Can I sell it to myself
HCLegal
HCLegal, Partner
I have a C corporation I fully own. Can I sell it to myself and then personally file Chapter 13 bankruptcy? The Corp has about $200,000 in debt, much of which I cosigned for.… read more
I might have to file Chapter 7,in Illinois. I own a
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I might have to file for Bankrupcy Chapter 7,in Illinois. I own a property/condominium.The Exempt Equity in IL is $15000.If I have any equity remaining(after deduction of $15000 Exempt Equity),can I j… read more
If I own 100% of an C-Corp and have personally guaranteed the
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
If I own 100% of an C-Corp and have personally guaranteed the debts of the corp, can I go Chapter 11 for the corp and not take personal bankruptcy?… read more
I own an Illinois C-corp and I am the only shareholder. In
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
I own an Illinois C-corp and I am the only shareholder. In October of 2008 I surrendered all assets in leu of foreclosure. All taxes, utilities etc. were paid. 3 suppliers were not paid to the sum of … read more
Can I file Chapter 7 personally, when I own stocks in a Corporation
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
Can I file Chapter 7 personally, when I own stocks in a Corporation 100% with out effecting my Corporation which is my lively hood ?… read more
I have a small (just me) business organized as a C corporation.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
I have a small (just me) business organized as a C corporation. After 18 months, the business has generated ZERO revenue and I'm ready to pack it up and move on. I borrowed money on some lines of cred… read more
I own 100% of the stock in a Fl. C corp. The business is going
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
I own 100% of the stock in a Fl. C corp. The business is going to fail. I live in NC. I have had to make personal guarenties on all debts of the company and this is going to force me to declare person… read more
Are their any personal ramifications for not paying corporate
Ellen, Attorney
Are their any personal ramifications for not paying corporate sales tax once a C corporation has closed? If I have never filed them in 2 years should I file them if we are lcoisng doors this month?… read more
My Company is a C Corporation. We have three shareholders equally
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My Company is a C Corporation. We have three shareholders equally split. One of our partners wanted us to buy his shares out over 4 years. After 2 years this partner filed for Bankruptcy. What happens… read more
I own 100% of the shares of my corporation, what happens to
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
I own 100% of the shares of my corporation, what happens to my business if I file Chapter 7? Do I have to start a new corporation?… read more
I filed chapter seven in California on a C Corporation in August
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I filed chapter seven in California on a C Corporation in August 2010. I know have State Board of Equalization coming after me personally. If I file Chapter 7 Personally can that debt be discharged?… read more
I have formed a florida C corporation in 2008 and my wife and
socrateaser, bankruptcy lawyer
I have formed a florida C corporation in 2008 and my wife and I are the only stock holders. I want to protect this corporation and/or any corporate asests should I ever declare bankruptsy ( personal o… read more
I own 5 companies - 3 "C" corps and 2 LLC filing as partnerships.
JerrySJD
JerrySJD, Attorney-at-Law
I own 5 companies - 3 "C" corps and 2 LLC filing as partnerships. The main company that is the support of all the others is in chapter 11 in Texas but will be switching to chapter 7 in a few weeks. My… read more
My husband and I are 100% owners of an S-corporation that we
LEV
LEV, Retired
My husband and I are 100% owners of an S-corporation that we have struggled to keep going for the last several years. We have finally filed for personal bankruptcy and are having trouble with the trus… read more
I have an S corporation that owns an office building and thats
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
I have an S corporation that owns an office building and that's it. If I file personal Chapter 13 and let the office building go into foreclosure, will I have to pay taxes on the difference between wh… read more