Bankruptcy Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified bankruptcy lawyer who will answer your question

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

More related answers
All bankruptcy lawyers are VERIFIED
What is the difference between filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy
Ellen, Attorney
What is the difference between filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy versus going through debt consolidation?… read more
Hello again. Can you tell me if a multi-member LLC can file
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Hello again. Can you tell me if a multi-member LLC can file for Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcy? What are the pros and cons of this?… read more
Bankruptcy: Debtor filed Pro Se and received a Chapter 7
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Bankruptcy: Debtor filed Pro Se and received a Chapter 7 discharge. How can they identify which debts were discharged, and which debts were not discharged? Debtor states Creditor is seeking wage garni… read more
I filed Bankruptcy, which was granted with discharged of debts
Ellen, Attorney
I filed Bankruptcy, which was granted with discharged of debts (12-12-12). in which included 2010 taxes, however now I am being audited by IRS for 2010 taxes. IRS was included in Certificate of notice… read more
What is the difference between Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 bankruptcy?
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
What is the difference between Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 bankruptcy? Also, if I was to file bankruptcy, besides taking a credit hit is there any other way it may affect me going forward?… read more
What are the pros and cons of delaying Ch 7 bankruptcy by several
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
What are the pros and cons of delaying Ch 7 bankruptcy by several months while waiting for a short sale on one's home? (assume loss of income and >40K debt) Are there "red flags" for mrtg co., IRS,… read more
If I file bankruptcy during this is civil case, will that
Ray, Lawyer
if I file bankruptcy during this is civil case, will that get dissolved with all other debt?… read more
Under the current bankruptcy laws, is there a difference in
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Under the current bankruptcy laws, is there a difference in the percentage of the debt that must be paid back between California and Ohio? And what percentage must be paid back?The amount in question … read more
what are the differences between chapter 7, 11, and 13. We
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
what are the differences between chapter 7, 11, and 13. We are trying to deside which way to go. Is there a way to file one of these without having to come up with the 800 to 1000 I've been running in… read more
when a C corporation dissolves, what happens to its unsecured
Ellen, Attorney
when a "C" corporation dissolves, what happens to its unsecured debt? Can the creditors do anything?… read more
What is the difference between using a debt consulidation compay
CML Bankruptcy
CML Bankruptcy, Principle Attorney
What is the difference between using a debt consulidation compay to reduce my credit card debt vs going directly to the credit card companies? is there a pro vs a con?… read more
What is the difference between and Chapter 7 and a Chapter
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
What is the difference between and Chapter 7 and a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and what are the chances of it being accepted if a judge has to accept it. And do you have to get an attorney to file this for… read more
What is the difference in filing a bankruptcy before the trustees
cfortunato
cfortunato, J.D.
What is the difference in filing a bankruptcy before the trustees sale and before in California… read more
What is the difference, if any, between confirmability of a
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
What is the difference, if any, between confirmability of a plan and feasibility in a Chapter 13?… read more
when a person files for chapter 13 bankruptcy protection,what
HCLegal
HCLegal, Partner
when a person files for chapter 13 bankruptcy protection,what happens to a persons debts after the five year plan if all debts havent been paip back to creditors?… read more
If a person takes a bankruptcy for a subchapter S corporation
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
If a person takes a bankruptcy for a subchapter S corporation which he owns, is he personally liable for the debts of the company that constitutes the subchapter S corporation?… read more
I was thinking about filing for bankruptcy I lost my job a
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was thinking about filing for bankruptcy I lost my job a few months ago and I'm drowning in debt . What are the pros and cons for this ? I live in Georgia… read more
This pertains to a corporate Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing by
socrateaser, bankruptcy lawyer
This pertains to a corporate Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing by a US Corporation owned by a foreign parent company: What are the consequences to employees during a commercial bankruptcy? i.e.: What will o… read more