Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I am about to have my chapter 13 bankruptcy case discharged…

Customer Question
I am about to...

I am about to have my chapter 13 bankruptcy case discharged but have missed several payments during the 5 year period. Now I owe 26,000 and don’t have it. What are my options? Can I include the $26,000 in the chapter 13? It has not been finalized but it is about to be in about a week.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

New York. No. I just got my first statement in 5 years and it shows that I owe $26,445 by June 1st.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I had cancer 20 months ago and had to put in another bathroom so I didn’t expose my son to radiation. So that’s what caused me to get off track

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Mark, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Mark
Mark, Attorney

Here are some options:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/options-cant-make-chapter-13-bankruptcy-plan-payments.html