Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I have two issues I need legal help with. The first is that…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have two issues I need legal help with. The first is that a man I did some work for earlier this year has still not paid me for this work. I've worked for him in the past and always found him to be honorable, despite the fact that all arrangements have been made by phone; we have never had a written contract. However, this is been a long time (I finished the second of two projects on February 13). I very much need this money and have been counting on it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

There is no manager or HR department; this man is the director of a small organization. I haven't discussed this with a lawyer. I've been advised by lay people that I'd do well to consult someone who specializes in law for seniors. I can't afford a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do freelance work. This man was my client.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
4/2/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

.

Do you have anything in writing - emails/text messages or anything else that corroborates the terms you discussed?

No. But since my earlier contact I've received word from my client's office assistant that I should be paid within a week. So I think I'll wait a bit longer before pursuing this further. Thanks for contacting me.

It's my pleasure. If you end up needing help plz reach out!

No, thank you.