Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I signed a promissory note for a deal worth $160,000.

Customer Question
Another man also signed a...
I signed a promissory note for a deal worth $160,000. Another man also signed a promissory note for the same deal and actually got the money but his note was signed at a separate time for less money without my knowledge. There was a judgment given to the loaner against that man which has not been able to be collected as of yet. So now the loaner of the money is coming after me. Is this legal?
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/30/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Attorney replied 21 days ago
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
Is there a judgment against you?
Have you filed bankruptcy?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I did send a reply but again it’s no to both of your questions
Bankruptcy Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Attorney replied 19 days ago
The creditor can only pursue you IF it has a judgment against you and you have not discharged the debt. You in any event may seek to settle - often for a reduced amount based on financial hardship.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney