Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Is filling bankruptcy a good idea if I am over 20,000 in…

Customer Question
Is filling bankruptcy a good...
Is filling bankruptcy a good idea if I am over 20,000 in debt, not behind on payments but wont pay off everything for another 10 years?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/29/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
What type of debt do you have, and what state are you living in?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Good morning
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I live in Texas and I have one larger personal loan debt and the rest is credit card debt
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am able to make all my minimum payments but its tough and I rarely have any money for groceries. Almost all my credit cards are going to take 10 years to pay off and on top of all this I owe 8,000 in taxes.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I dont know if I qualify for bankruptcy and I know its a big choice to make, but I would rather give up my credit than to continue in all this debt. I feel like i have no time to pursue and goals or dreams because every penny I earn just goes away to debt
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
i have looked into debt consolidation places, but they just want you miss your payments and then they start a case and If i am going to ruin my credit I would rather just file bankruptcy and be done with it

A​re your debts from credit cards, or other types of loans?

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer