Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

This is a chapter 7 question...the Debtor currently has a…

This is a chapter 7...
This is a chapter 7 question...the Debtor currently has a garnishment that will be extinguished by the chapter 7 discharge...Does that garnishment still go on Schedule I? How would it be treated on the 122 A/B is the Debtor is over the median...As always, thank you in advance for your assistance...
3/23/2018
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

HI and thanks for your question. No, since the garnishment will stop (assuming not for child support) as of the filing date, the schedules I & J reflect what the budget is moving forward. it would not be on the means test form 122 A/B as it stops at the filing date and isn't an ongoing expense (except for child support).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope it doesn't spoil your means test calculations and push into a 13, I hate when that happens.

Thanks

Terry

Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thank you for your help, sorry for the delayed confirmation from me...I never received any confirmation that there was answer, but as always thank you very much.

most welcome!

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney