Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

My bankruptcy chapter 7 was discharged in Feb, 2018. I am in…

Hi - My bankruptcy...

Hi - My bankruptcy chapter 7 was discharged in Feb, 2018. I am in a process of getting a mortgage broker license. I wonder that will be an issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Oregon yes it has been filed and discharged

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Civil court? nothing like that.....just the chapter 7

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it.thx

3/23/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

It should not be a problem because you are not supposed to be discriminated against because of your bankruptcy. See 11 U.S.C. Section 525.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you. I was concerned because the NMLS website states that one of the criteria for approval is financial accountability including credit history.

You are Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law