Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Law Educator, Esq. (This is on Fraud against the defendant)

Law Educator, Esq.(This is on...
Law Educator, Esq.(This is on Fraud against the defendant)
Below is my title for fraud against the defendant
The plaintiff committed extrinsic fraud upon the defendant by deceptively and intentionally withholding evidences and depriving her of the invoices she could have used to defend the underlying complaint.
( The regular woman)
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

That is a good title, then under that you need to explain exactly how the defendant did that and what they did intentionally to deceive you and the court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you sooooo much.
I just want to understand this pleadings and prayers of relief better.
below is part of the introduction I wrote under on the title "THE COURT SHOULD STRIKE ALL THE PLAINTIFF’S PRAYERS FOR RELIEF IN THE COMPLAINT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LEGALLY SUFFICIENT"Because evidences prove that the plaintiff gained the judgment by Fraud, therefore the lien that the plaintiff obtained based on the fraudulent judgment would be invalid and based on the fact that the underlying acts giving rise to all the reliefs that the plaintiff is seeking were fraudulent, makes the all the reliefs that the plaintiff is seeking in the lawsuit invalid moreover Connecticut Court has it that evidences of Judgment won by Fraud should estop the execution of that judgment hence judgments obtained by fraud may be attacked at any time." Kenworthy v. Kenworthy, 180 Conn. 129, 131, 429 A.2d 837 (1980). Therefore the Court should strike the plaintiff’s prayers for relief in the second amended foreclosure complaint and the entire foreclosure complaint.
Or it is better to use cause of action instead of prayers for relief like did belowBecause evidences prove that the plaintiff gained the judgment by Fraud, therefore the lien that the plaintiff obtained based on the fraudulent judgment would be invalid and based on the fact that the underlying acts giving rise to all causes of action in the pleading that the plaintiff is seeking were fraudulent, makes all causes of action in the pleading lawsuit invalid moreover Connecticut Court has it that evidences of Judgment won by Fraud should estop the execution of that judgment hence judgments obtained by fraud may be attacked at any time." Kenworthy v. Kenworthy, 180 Conn. 129, 131, 429 A.2d 837 (1980). Therefore the Court should strike all the causes of action in the pleadings in the second amended foreclosure complaint and the entire foreclosure complaint.
Then in the body of the motion I will list the causes of action in the pleading and state that without the plaintiff fraudulently wining the judgment, the plaintiff would have filed the lien in the defendants property and would have filed the foreclosure complaint, and if plaintiff did not file complaint, plaintiff will not be asking the defendant to pay his attorney fees and so on.
It is illegal to win judgment by fraud it is more illegal to execute the judgment fraudulently won, therefore this plaintiff cause of action can not be legally rewarded because Practice book section 10-39, allows for claims for reliefs to be stricken if the relief sought cannot be legally rewarded’ Pamela B. v.Ment, 244 Conn. 206, 325 (1998) therefore plaintiff second cause of action should be stricken.
Is it advisable to use "causes of action in the pleading" instead of "The prayers of relief" and do both mean the same thing?
I was using the prayers of relief because that is what the title states. I used that title because I read it that the connecticut Court states that you can use " LEGAL SUFFICIENCY OF PRAYERS OF RELIEF" AND "LEGAL SUFFICENCY OF COMPLAINT" IN MOTION TO STRIKE.
What is your advice please?

Thank you for your reply.

The second version is better.

It is "evidence" and not "evidences" Otherwise the second version is better.

Thank you so much,
Even if there are many "evidences" that prove fraud, It is not advisable to use plural for evidence?

Thank you for your reply.

No, it is "the evidence" and "evidence" can be singular or plural.

Thanks for that, I didn't know that evidence can be singular and plural.Is it advisable to use "It' for the plaintiff because plaintiff is an LLC?. I kept repeating plaintiff over and over, that I think it is taking space. I don't know if I should use "he" bescuase of the owner or use "they" or "it"

No, call them Plaintiff over and over