Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

My mom ( yrs old) had a stroke with a brain aneurysm. She…

Customer Question
My mom (69 yrs old)...
My mom (69 yrs old) had a stroke with a brain aneurysm. She was given less then a 5% chance of living. She is a fighter & is still with us almost a year later. When she had the stroke she was unable to pay her bills. All of the companies she had cards with or was doing business with accepted that since she was unable to work she wasn't going to pay & wrote off her debt. Today she got a paper from a delivery person saying she was being sued from not paying her bill. This is not from the original creditor but a debt collector that bought her bill. She is not working & is on social security. Is there something I should do for her? Is this even legal? Besides her credit can this hurt her?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Well I guess this is yet another fraudulent website. I have been waiting on an answer for almost 24 hrs. I give up. You loose. I will spread the word that you are frauds. As well as reporting you to BBB.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Mark, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Mark
Mark, Attorney

You could write back and explain her hardship.

She could also file for bankruptcy.