Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Wasn'tt sure if this was the best selection for my question.

Customer Question
Second opinion] Wasn'tt sure if...
Second opinion] Wasn'tt sure if this was the best selection for my question. I have multiple debts in a state of collection for a little over a year. My credit score is in about 580. I have the money to pay the debts. I would like to fix my credit the best way possible to be able to buy a house. Is it better to pay in full or to settle
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/15/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

[Second opinion] Wasn'tt sure if this was the best selection for my question. I have multiple debts in a state of collection for a little over a year. My credit score is in about 580. I have the money to pay the debts. I would like to fix my credit the best way possible to be able to buy a house. Is it better to pay in full or to settle

Response: It is better to pay in full. Your credit report would show "paid in full" to indicate that you did pay your obligations pursuant to the original terms, that you did not settle for less than what you owed. "Paid in full" would look better to potential lenders for the house that you are trying to purchase.

Goodluck!

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law