Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Prefer a lawyer versed in FL law. Considering Ch 7, (60k…

Prefer a lawyer versed in...
Prefer a lawyer versed in FL law. Considering Ch 7, (60k debt) have had 2 consults but it seems to me all they want is for me to file. My assets are in an IRA, have no garnishable wages, own a home in florida worth 700k but no mortgage but because of homestead exemption and the fact it is titled as tenants in the entirety it does not appear to me I have an issue (wife is not a cosignor an debt). Lawyers seem to agree but want to file anyway....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Probably would be easier to talk via phone, let me know additional charge...thanks.
3/12/2018
socrateaser, Attorney

I don't participate in the Justanswer phone call option. If you are offered a phone call, it's an automated website offer, and if you accept, some other contributor may accept the call.

Re your filing Ch. 7 vis-a-vis simply remaining judgment proof, as your circumstances appears -- the reason to file is simply to rid yourself of the debt permanently, so that you don't have to deal with the debt collectors, and so that you can start fresh. Based on how you describe your circumstances, you could probably "do-it-yourself" the bankruptcy. See this link for relevant publications (I have no affiliation with the vendor). So, it would cost you around $500 total to get rid of the problem forever.

But, if you don't want to spend the dough, and debt collectors don't bother you, then just ignore everyone, and go on with your life.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That nolo link did not really get me any further than I already was, but I do appreciate your answer and will give positive feedback, will probably just ask the question again and take the phone option. thank you.

You're welcome. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Attorney
Phone call session started
socrateaser, Attorney