Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I received a motion for possesion after violating a payment…

Customer Question
I received a motion for...
I received a motion for possesion after violating a payment agreement for money owed on a lease. I eventually caught up with payments by the final due dates.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/8/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question for us about this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I received a summons to landlord tenant court for a motion for possesion in Washington DC, if all monies were paid on the agreement what would my defense be?

Thank you for your reply.

If you paid the money due in time, then you file a motion to dismiss for "accord and satisfaction" meaning you paid within the time given and cured the breach which is the basis for the suit for eviction. That would be your defense, accord and satisfaction.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney