Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I received a motion of relief from the bank for my home. I…

Customer Question
I received a motion...

I received a motion of relief from the bank for my home. I fear that my lawyer will not answer and I will lose my home. what's your advice to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And are you working with a local attorney?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am behind a few payments

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
3/6/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. So you filed for BK and the home was included and there was a stay and now the bank filed a motion for relief? If so, is the attorney aware and are they handling the BK?

he is reluctant to act or answer for the fact that I missed a trustee payment

The attorney needs to represent your best interest and respond, as needed and required. If he fails to do so, the relief will be granted and the Bank will be able to proceed with the foreclosure and you will lose the home. If the attorney is failing to do what is required, you need to retain new counsel ASAP to handle the response and defend this, if you want to try and keep your home and something can be worked out. There is a difference between not responding because they think it is in your best interest, for whatever reason and not doing it because they are afraid of something.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!