Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Law Educator Esq. (ONLY) (This is on bankruptcy) When should…

Law Educator Esq. (ONLY) (This is...
Law Educator Esq. (ONLY)
(This is on bankruptcy)
When should I be thinking of filing bankruptcy? do I have to wait until judgment is given on the foreclosure case before I file bankruptcy?
Can I still file bankruptcy after judgment is given?
(This is the regular woman)
1/16/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you do not need the bankruptcy right now and you are able to pay bills, then hold off. I would not file bankruptcy until the court issues the judgment against you on this case. If they issue a judgment on the foreclosure THEN you file bankruptcy the day after the judgment and file a Notice of Bankruptcy on the court and that will stop the judgment.

You absolutely can file BK after the judgment is issued.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I will still be able to add the judgment amount to the bankruptcy even if the Court gives them immediate possession of the property? Because that is part of what they are claiming

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, immediate possession means you have 30 days still to appeal.

I can appeal foreclosure judgment?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you have 10 days from entry of judgment to file a notice of appeal on the judgment and 30 days to submit your appeal to the appeals court.

Thank you very much
I can see that you are a bankruptcy Lawyer too, does a Lawyer specially train to specialize in different areas of Law?

Thank you for your reply.

It is not as much special training it is getting involved in handling those cases and learning the specific laws involving those areas such as immigration or bankruptcy or employment discrimination or real estate.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply. Do not forget to go back to all your open questions and click the 5 stars if you have any open still.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney