Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Sorry I just lost what I wrote so I'll try to rewrite. I'm…

Customer Question
Hi... sorry I just...

Hi... sorry I just lost what I wrote so I'll try to rewrite. I'm basically looking into Chapter 13 in order to save my home. I don't have an exact auction date at this point and I'm hoping there is a way to get some kind of emergency initial filing in to at least stop the process and allow me to work on this. Any information you can give would be really appreciated.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

I'm in California, Riverside County, and no nothing has been filed yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

I'm not aware of anything but I feel like there must have been... I've been seeing people drive by my home taking photos. I need to get all of my info together but I really want to at least stop the process wherever it is so I can get working on a plan with the mortgage company, etc. I have a lot of equity so I imagine they are probably more interested in selling the home. Last communication I had with them basically was them saying I can only pay in full at this point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I'm just trying to get info on how to get the filing going and then maybe look into assistance moving forward from there.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
1/4/2018
Bankruptcy Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Attorney replied 1 month ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Yes, you can file the Petition on its own first and then will have 2 weeks to get the rest of the documents in. You will get the relief to stop the sale when you file the Petition.

You can find out the exact auction date by calling the Trustee.

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney