Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under other…

Customer Question
Can credit card debt...

Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under other question 21

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

Issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing has been filed yet. can't afford a lawyer

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
12/29/2017
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am filing bankruptcy without a lawyer. Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under "other question 21", Texas Western district?

Hi, slow typer here. Bear with me just a moment...

So, are you listing the total amounts or the payments?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am filing bankruptcy without a lawyer. Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under "other question 21", Texas Western district? Payments for monthly expenses

Understood. The answer to your question is no. You don't list credit card payments as part of your monthly expenses on the schedule j

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am filing bankruptcy without a lawyer. Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under "other question 21", Texas Western district? Payments for monthly expenses. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am filing bankruptcy without a lawyer. Can credit card debt be listed on schedule j under "other question 21", Texas Western district? Payments for monthly expenses. Thanks.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer